LJ71 Landcruiser Conversion

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Mike has a light engineering business & after he helped his brother Dan put a 1UZ in his Izusu Bighorn a while back more & more people have been asking for conversions, mainly into Hiluxes. This is our first one into a Landcruiser, the bigger engine bay made it a lot easier than a doing a hilux. He's doing one every month or so now. Klem is an engineer by trade also & did a conversion, with Mike, into his hilux a few months back. I was just the apprentice on the job but I have had some experience with engine conversions from putting a 4A-GE in my old Suzuki 4x4.

I'll put together a few pics of some of Mike's conversions & post them one day.

Cheers
Clint

bundy

i am about to put a 1uz into an aus spec lj70. just wondering how the car performs now and if there was any car specific lil problems with the conversion

also any more pics or info would be great

cheers

Awesome, I was seriously thinking about droping My 1uz-FE engine in my 1993 Toyota LandCruiser in replace of my 4.5 Liter straight Toyota six motor.......I Figured the benifits would not be worth the trouble involved in that swap....

You must be happy with the power....Congrats....

spadger said:
i am about to put a 1uz into an aus spec lj70. just wondering how the car performs now and if there was any car specific lil problems with the conversion

also any more pics or info would be great

cheers
It's going great so far, well over twice as much power was always going to be good. It'll be getting a good offroad test next weekend so keep an eye on that thread on Offroad Express for a report & more pics.

The only major fitment issue was modifying the sump to fit around the diff. It was a mid sump motor but I think even a rear sump would still need some trimming. A couple of taps on the firewall gave OK clearance around the rear of the heads & the radiator was moved about 15mm forward which was very simple.

Cheers
Clint

Hi Clint,

Just a quick question do you have any suspension lift and would this help with the clearance of the sump even with a rear sump? I have a Aus LJ70 with 3" of lift and about to undertake the 1UZ swap.

Cheers

Andrew

No suspension lift yet for me. Maybe with a lift & a rear sump you'd just about clear it, not sure. You'd have to pack down the bumpstops too though so you'd lose out on some travel.

Don't be scared of modifying the sump, it's only an afternoons work for somebody that that knows their way around a cut-off disc & a TIG welder.

Cheers
Clint