Lexus-Toyota V8 Shoot Out & Show

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme II

Just call me "Lex"
Lexus-Toyota V8 Shoot Out, Show & Meet

Yes, this is an largest event ever. Lexus-Toyota V8 engines ONLY! The shoot out and show will take place in Texas somewhere near JBrady's home town. We will have shoot out for different divisions. For example:

N/A:
SC Vs. SC
GS Vs. GS
LS Vs. LS
Tundra Vs. Tundra

F/I
SC Vs. SC
GS Vs. GS
LS Vs. LS
Tundra Vs. Tundra

Inter-Class N/A:
GS Vs. SC
LS Vs. SC
GS Vs. LS
Tundra Vs. SC
Tundra Vs. GS
Tundra Vs. LS

Inter-Class F/I:
GS Vs. SC
LS Vs. SC
GS Vs. LS
Tundra Vs. SC
Tundra Vs. GS
Tundra Vs. LS

Beside the shoot out, we will also have a Lexus Car Show. We will have lots of BBQ and party. This is one day event. This event is not for Texans only. This event is for everyone in the united states. I plan to drive my LS from California to Texas and SC400T is willing to drive his SC400 from Florida to Texas.

If you know other forums, please copy this info and post it up or you can link it too. This is an national event.

Date:
July 2nd, 2005

Place:
Texas (TBD)

Time:
Whole Day

David,

I will get back when I have more time but for starters the 2 tracks most likely to work well are Houston Raceway Park in Baytown (suburb of Houston) or Texas Motorplex in Ennis (30 miles south of Dallas).

Houston may work better for Californians and Floridians as I-10 comes straight through from both.

For starters look here:

http://www.houstonraceway.com/

http://www.texasmotorplex.com/

Also, you left out the LX470 and the GX470 ;)

As far as class goes, it may be much better to do it based on time rather than models. Early stock LS400s would compete better against early stock SC400s than against 1998+ LS400s. In fact, by year would be another option. Of course you can still make fastest model awards based on timeslip.

Both of these tracks can easily handicap cars allowing for even racing between ANY of the cars. Here is how it works. Make a few passes to learn how quick/fast a car is. Say it runs a 15.2 second time. Now another car runs 14.1 seconds. You simply tell the starter to handicap the faster car by 9 tenths. The light goes green for the slower car 9 tenths sooner and the first car accross the finish wins. You can handicap for 1 onehunreth or 3 seconds or more (more or less or anything in between).

OK!! This is great!!

A few important items to discuss, decide upon and plan...

1)Either track looks good, how much for or event?
2)Do we charge each member participating? If so, how much?
3)Do we charge for racing on the track? How much?
4)We need some sponsors, especially a major player. Any suggestions? JBrady, do you know the local Lexus Dealer? Are they open to this kind of event?

That is at least a start. Any other suggestions?

Ryan

I vote for chicago too. I think the west and the midwest has the highest concentration of boosted toyota v8's.

I vote for Texas, i just flew up to chicago this summer to buy the car and drove it back to west texas, plus is more central.