Lexus LFA - It's happening

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Lextreme

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.lexus.com/LFA/

some nice tidbits

4.8L V10
revs to 9000 rpm
0-60 in 3.6
202 mph top speed..

but the most important quote on the site? "LFA deliveries will beign in early 2011.."

The target price - a cool 350k..

we have our first lexus supercar!

Nice car, but a Lexus? To me, everything about it screams "Supra", especially that huge center console that separates driver from passenger and makes the cabin more of a cockpit. That is just pure Supra.

I'm not thrilled with the styling changes from the concept car. For once, the concept was cleaner and more elegant than the production model. That front end - it seems both Toyota and Nissan are hung up on making "shovel" looking front ends. They look 1 part Lamborghini, 2 parts Transformers, and 1 part Ghetto. What happened to smooth & graceful looking curves? A Jag type front end would have made this a gorgeous car.

And what's with those raptor looking rear quarter windows? Were they really necessary? Lose 'em.

And I'm just not feeling that inverted pyramid exhaust. Why 3 pipes for a V10? Does 10 divide evenly by 3? I don't think so. Two would have been cool; four would have been cooler. But three in a triangle? Yuck.

If they'd fix the front end, get rid of those raptor windows, and do something else with the exhaust pipes they'd have another timeless classic like the Supra, which still looks gorgeous nearly 20 years after it was designed.

Bottom line for me: It may have exceptional engineering, but the styling really sux, (usual story from Japan these days). If I had the $350,000 I would buy an Italian or German exotic. Definitely not one of these.