lexus is200 v8

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

dmcghost10

hi everyone I'm new here and have been looking over the forums for a few days and thought id join and ask you guys for some info. I'm looking at getting an is200 to do up as a project. i have always loved v8 of all kinds but prefer old school american v8s. i have seen a few people have been putting the 1uzfe v8 into the is200 and was just wanting to get some info of what is all needed to put the 1uzfe into the is200
any info would really help me out a lot thanks

how's this

http://www.lsxtv.com/news/swap-insa...owens-ridiculous-twin-turbo-lc9-powered-is300

Motormounts_zps218ffbd0-400x280.jpg

thanks for the post mate the only thing is that link is more for putting the chevy ls1 engine and was asking about the 1uz-fe 4.0 v8 lexus engine but thanks anyway bud

They are pretty much the same as any other conversion. Front sump engine fits nicely. Nice sized brakes all round and a chassis which works pretty good so that holds up to the job nicely. We are just helping out a mate on another one which is getting a UCF20 VVti engine using a UZS171 crown loom and ECU so the loom matches the ECU location under the bonnet nicely. With the popping of a few pins it will plug into the factory loom. The only real issue is the multiplex system with canbus encoding which seems quite unique to this vehicle. This will be #4 with UZ engines for us. We have also done 1JZ-GTE and 2JZ-GTE.

thanks for all the info guys I'm decided to use the 1uz-fe engine with the r154 can get an adaptor bell housing to fit to the v8 lump can get engine and gearbox mounts from a company in the uk ill need custom prop-shaft. i know of a local company that could do the electrics so thats that sorted, bigger brakes not a problem, radiator not a problem either, possibly modified subframe easy enough. which off the top on my head just leaves the rear diff and drive-shafts as not too sure what to use as i wonted mind using the supra diff as i know it can handle a fair amount of power. maybe use that diff and possible the supras drive-shafts poss uprated ones as i know you can get them easily any thoughts guys

We have worked on four with 1uz-fe engines , one with a 10 series , one with a 20 series non VVti , one 20 series VVti and the last one mentioned above with UCF20 running the 171 loom.
My staff member at work fitted up a JZX100 chaser diff with a jigsaw of axles that all bolted together. He was breaking diffs with his old engine at 260rwkw. There was no way the little diff would hold his new power.

i take it he was using the standard diff that came with the car and he never changed it to something that could take the power I'm pretty sure a supra diff could I've seen a few high powered sups that are still running the standard diff with no problem

yep he was breaking stock diffs. No issues with the Chaser unit. He had a stock of 6 speed boxes when he was running them as they would break all the time , then with the R154 it was only the stock diffs he was breaking. Chaser diff went in when he fitted the 2JZ(with a brand new R154) and hasn't had a diff or gearbox issue since. The R154's are very cheap over here.

that sounds about right to me the r154 are a reasonable price in the uk probably the dearest thing for my project but will be worth it as they are pretty much bullet proof and from what i hear so is the sup diff thats why I'm going to use the supras diff to keep the gear box diff etc all from the same thing easier to keep a note of things incase anything goes wrong have you heard of anyone using another diff other than the chaser diff?

We flick the new R154's apart and fit an upgraded thrust washer and overfill them a bit an have had no issues.
I don't know of any other Diffs but I'm sure there are a few options which run the same housing