Lexus auto box shifter positions

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Chris Stoffel

My 1UZFE VVTI with aoto box is built into a Wrangler. The Wrangler's shifter and gate(?) was retained. So I have three positions for the Lexus box. I can not go from 1-2-3-4-5. Each position goes through all the gears automatically. I suspect the 3 gear positions is for Towing, Sport and Economical. Is that correct? Please advise me on this.

The VVti gearbox has 6 positions on the detents. Park,reverse,neutral,drive,3,2. They are the same distance as the non vvti 4 speed gearbox. The Drive position allows all 5 gears. 4th is normally selected electronically via a sideways switch on the shifter. 3 allows 1,2 and 3. 2 allows 2 and 1. To hold 1st there is another switch in the shifter to hold first.

The VVti gearbox has 6 positions on the detents. Park,reverse,neutral,drive,3,2. They are the same distance as the non vvti 4 speed gearbox. The Drive position allows all 5 gears. 4th is normally selected electronically via a sideways switch on the shifter. 3 allows 1,2 and 3. 2 allows 2 and 1. To hold 1st there is another switch in the shifter to hold first.

Thank you Gloverman! I will test it and see what I find.