Lexus 1/4 mile times...

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Steve, an MR2 beat you how disapointing. I wish I could have let you borrow my car for that race......James is right, turbo that SC4 of yours buddy and the MR2 would be toast for sure... I think a built N/A SC4 like mine may take the MR2...Headers really made a difference guys I kid you not... I am willing to race some cars without the nos...my topend is so much more improved...With the nos it's over....

James, how is your ride going these day? Have you had any races yet? Did you take out your big mouthed Turbo 4 banger Subaru friend yet? I just happen to race a brand new SLk500 Merc the other day from a red light....It was not an AMG but it was kinda fast once it got going, but not fast enough. I had a little split second hesitation at launch then I was off and not to be caught... I think he was impressed but I definetely had to hit the nos for that win...No nos I would have lost.. Headers or no headers......Those brand new Merc's are Very fast cars...I think a 500 AMG Merc might give me a little trouble not sure...

Anyway, how do you guys like the heat? It's been cooking over here, I think I can fry an egg on my SC400 hood...Too bad I am not hungry.....See ya...

fugly said:
Even 300rwhp wouldn't be enough hp to break a set of 26/8/15 slicks lose on a prepared drag strip , so suspension is pretty irrelevant at this stage.
For the record I am sure my car is putting out closer to 350-375whp rather then 300whp... So wheel spin is a problem with non controlled nos acceleration...

V8TOY said:
the heat!
Down in NZ i am having to defrost my sc every morning, dam it is cold!
What did your nos kit cost you, i got qouted 1200 nz the other day. sound decent?
I don't know about the currency exchange rate but in the US I had Tm Engineering install my dry nos system over a year ago for $1200...Included a heating element, bottle, fuel pump, nos plugs....Since, I have changed a few things...Hope that helps...Wiring everything up from the trunk to engine is the costly part..

Today I would have installed the system myself for a couple of hundred dollars..

Oh, as far as being cold and hot, I think I would rather freeze then cook...Heat makes you irritable, unconfortable, sweat, etc...Cold you shiver abit throw on a coat or jacket and you are good to go.....

jibbby said:
...I don't know about the currency exchange rate but in the US I had Tm Engineering install my dry nos system over a year ago for $1200........
Well, A NOS system alone sounds affordable but to run it is rather expensive. Jibby is rich in blood to run it everyday. Just kidding, John.

jibbby said:
For the record I am sure my car is putting out closer to 350-375whp rather then 300whp... So wheel spin is a problem with non controlled nos acceleration...

Don't they have dyno's in your part of the world or better still a drag strip to find out your 'real world' horsepower rather than guessing.
Street racing may be fun but really gives no real indication as to how fast or how much power you've got, i've seen plenty of (proven on drag strip & dyno) fast high horsepower cars get beaten on the street buy (proven on drag strip & dyno) slower cars.

jibbby said:
I disagree, A light weight drag car, geared for lowend, would break loose with 300whp...A very light weight car...

I don't think you read the bit where i wrote "26/8/15 SLICKS ON A PREPARED DRAG STRIP".

i'm not talking about playing around on the street.

V8TOY said:
i think 1200 nz is about 800 usd.
so not a bad price then, i am thinkinh about getting it done asap. how much hp is your shot.
Ok...I have a true 100hp Dry system, but when the nos bottles are heated it goes way up to maybe a 150hp shot....A normal nos bottle without heating is steady at around 700-800psi, I get mine heated up to 1200-1300psi in no time...The difference is big..

Steve, not really that rich in the blood or the bank...Maybe rich in fuel mix but that is it......If I were remotely rich I would be driving the Z06 Vette that would be slightly modified for more power...trust me...

Anyway, when you compare gas pricing with a Turbo to N/A with NOS maybe the fuel economy is not all that much different.....One 15lb nos bottle refiiled will last me around a month ($70) and the 10LB Nos botte refills are ($40)...They last two to three weeks on average.... I hit the nos atleast once or twice a day...... I now use it on race situations only for the most part, and using it like that the nos bottle will last for months and months....However, where is the fun in that? Let's face it power is a rush.....With that being said Nos has it's pros and cons that is for sure....

Fugly - In reply to your question - Sure they have dyno's and tracks in my area. Yeah your right I should dyno and run the track, and I will... As far as dyno's go with nos the power changes with the heat in the bottle and I will never get a true peek dyno result with my nos system...Without the nos I will dyno acurately though....Also my car has not needed tuning for a while, so I have put it off......

However, I do now need dyno tunning ...I have been trying to get my car running right with these headers with no success, so I am headed to the shop agian for a true dyno tune so I am on it.....Trying to figure out these bad ECU sensor reads with the headers......

Hope you get on top of the tune soon, keen to hear some results.
Not sure what you mean about changes in bottle pressure while using nos on a dyno, isn't that what the bottle warmer is for, to maintain constant pressure?
I have seen a few local cars run nos on dynos with no problems, even with no bottle warmer.

Fugly - The warmer the bottle the more pressure inside the bottle increases...When the nos is activated the pressure is released...Warmer bottle makes for more horsepower with a dry shot...Not warm less horsepower...It's that simple... My bottle pressure is always different depending on how hot the day is and how long I left the heater core on...So to get a peak dyno with nos could be tough....I would love to dyno at 1500psi bottle pressure as where that is probably 150+ shot and is impressive...as apposed to a dyno'ing with a 700psi bottle putting out a 100hp shot maybe....Do you see what I mean?

I was under the impression that blankets were thermostaticly controlled so a constant pressure is maintained, other wise how would the guys who use nos on a dial in bracket car run repetable consistant times?

Not on the Dry systems, well not on mine atleast.. You can do anything with nos...Controlled nos shots, progressive nos shots, heated nos shots, depends on waht you want and the system you have...NOS systems vary....

Torque converter

Question for you Jibby. What is the stall rate for the TC you bought? When you got the TC did you specify a stall rate or a flash rate? Also are you still running the stock trans with no mods? I thought they blew out at like 300lbs of torque. If not can I take the SC4 to the max with stock fuel and not blow the trans? By the way I have a stage 1 shift kit on my trans that should help a bit. Lastly how much was the TC you bought?

I am here, the stock SC400 tranny can hold up to around 350rwhp from what I have read...I am probably getting close to that output myself and my stock tranny is holding....No tranny cooler completely stock....Just increased the line pressure for slightly harder shifrs...

The Dragon Torque converter I purchased almost two years ago has an aggressive stall rate...I honestly forgot the stall rate they come pre-set with...I need to check that out as I am asked that question alot....Apparently Precision Industries the maker of the DTC has them pre-set at what I think is an outstanding stall rate...Throttle response is exceptional, but you can still drive the car in luxury fashion...Tap the gas and the car jerks forward, ease into the gas and it rolls smoothe like stock, hammer the gas and your tires break loose from a launch....That is the best I can describe it... Hope that helps

Kool, that's a good number for me read in a previous post that the stock injectors will go lean at about 370RWHP. One more question what are you using for fuel for you NOS system. I just bought a 150HP kit, but I don't have an FPR or fuel pump. I was going to get an SAFC to tune but I heard that the car already runs rich. What should I do for fuel?

With a true 150 nos shot you will definetely need a Walbro electric fuel pump...Also cooler running spark plugs is a good idea also..Autolites for nos is what I have used for over a year with no problems.. That Walbro fuel pump seems to be the choice fuel pumps for the Lexus's... You will most likely go lean with the stock fuel pump on a 150hp shot....

That will be a good shot and that will feel like your engine is doubling in power..You will be happy....A Limited Slip Differential is something to consider along with fat rear tires....

Update on tranny hp capacity, I have read one person blew the stock tranny at 320whp in second gear...So becareful, I am sure anywhere from 300-350whp you are pushing it.....I am waiting for my stock tranny to give way any day now...

When second gear is blown,what exactly is blown?Is it the gear itself stripping teeths or what is broken,I was told by "MV Automatics" in Aust(Adlelaide)That they have a stage 2 setup that cost $2600(you sent them your Tran and they mod it and send back)which handle 440 rwhp...so going by that,the geers must be strong enough.
Its a shame there's no after market stronger/harder gearsets for these 340/341E's..