Lextreme members want to go fishing?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
steve, its hard to compare a supercharged muscle car with a 6 speed, to a heavier luxury sedan with an auto and a turbo. Cobra's are wicked fast, even on ls1 forums they will admit to that. Slap on a pulley, drag radials, and a tune, and your in the 11 sec club.

WDoherty said:
steve, its hard to compare a supercharged muscle car with a 6 speed, to a heavier luxury sedan with an auto and a turbo. Cobra's are wicked fast, even on ls1 forums they will admit to that. Slap on a pulley, drag radials, and a tune, and your in the 11 sec club.
The Cobra runs 11 secs! That's really something. I didn't search enough but I thought it has about 450 hp and a heavy engine. David's turbocharged LS should also have around that power, I think. Either way, that doesn't interest David much so we'll just stick to fishing.

Shark fishing for John! That's also really something. I like it, too but I never got a chance to go. For shark, I think I might need at least 100 lb line & rod along with a heavy spinning reel. It only costs $60 for overnight shark fishing on one of the L.A. open party boat. I saw on a video once that a guy slipped over the rail and into the water while there're several sharks around. The scary part is he fell near the bait of a 1/2 cut tuna. You know, the blood is still bleeding from the cut tuna. Fortunately, the guy got pulled up by his fellow fishermen before the sharks pulled him down. :scared1: What an experience that he had.

WDoherty been reading.... The 4.6 Liter DOHC engine is something. It really screem like a 1uzfe but more torque and more lower end. Driving my Cobra is a blast. However, every red light there will be a Honda or something want to race you. I am pushing around 16 psi on my Cobra.
Cobra-FR-2.jpg

I eat Cobra's for breakfast with my SC400..(I think?).. I have never lost a race to a 4.6 liter mustang that was not boosted....he he....

LOL, let's stick to fishing.....David, I am sure your Cobra smokes...Nice.....

Steve, you should try deap sea fishing, talk about a rush, and a crazu arm work out...You can fight a big fish or shark for hours until the wear out.... If you enjoy fishing you must try deep sea....

Ps. Saleens scare the crap out of me.....

I have the following mods:

Drive Train:
*JE Forged Pistons 8.8:1 Compression,
*Forged Rod,
*Mandly Rings,
*Steel Crank,
*Ported head with 3 angles Valve,
*Blue print and balanced,
*Tremec-Warner 6 speed T56,
*Pro 5.0 Shifter,
*SPEC Stage 3 Clutch (Ceramic),
*Aluminum Driveshaft,
*3.73 final gear

Power Adder:
*ATI Procharger F1SC,
*MSD 4 Dis,
*Nology wires,
*4 CATZ fog lights,
*HID Head light

Fuel/Air System
*42 lbs SVO injectors,
*ATI Adjustable fuel regulator,
*255 fuel pump,
*ATI MAF,
*K&N air filter,
*DBPE custom Boost controller

Suspension and Tires:
*KYB AGX Adjustable Shocks and struts,
*Eiback Progressive Springs,
*DB Performance Engineering,
*Subframe connectors,
*Upper and lower control arm,
*Chrome Cobra R Style Rims,
*Front 17" x 9",
*Rear 17" x 10.5",
*Tires: Front- New - Nitto 555 275 x 40 x 17, Rear - Nitto 555R 315 x 35 x 17,
*Brake: New Baer slotted and drilled Eridispeed rotors, New Ford OEM brake pads.

Exhaust System
*Bassini X pipe with Cat,
*Magnaflow muffler with 3.5" tips,

Gauges:
*Autometer pillar,
*Autometer Pro Comp whiteface Fuel/Air Mixture,
*Autometer Pro Comp whiteface boost gauge

Interior
*Custom interior work with matching color of seat and light bar,
*Saleen Speedster Cover with matching paint, *New Valve cover Gaskets.

Currently its running 17 psi. Last time I dynoed at 9 psi I got 397 rwhp and I have not dyno my car at 17 psi yet.

I think all of us are tempted to talk about cars, no matter what the original subject is. Great minds think alike. Anyway, it'd be more fun to talk about cars at the fishing trip.

P.S. David,
Yes, 397 rwhp is really something. And at 17 psi (almost doubling 9 psi), you should get around 500 rwhp, which is around at least 550 hp to be humble. With all of your modifications including the suspension, the Cobra won't take the bad Ford name anymore.

Gang,

We are set to go for fishing. I am taking some of my students out for fishing this Saturday July 15th, 2006. We will be at the park at around 2:30 pm and have a BBQ (hamburgers) at 5 pm. Please join us. I teach a hands-on class for kids from 12-14 years and this month's activity is fishing. Bring your equipment and some dishes if possible.

David,

I don't worry much about your students. What I really consider is that you'll be kind to take your secretary, too. I think I remember we talked about her...:veryhappy Perhaps I'll teach her on fishing. And if she already knew, perhaps she'll teach me.

This Saturday seems so sudden, but I hope you all can join. If any of you want to fish, make sure you bought a fishing license for that specific day or for the whole year. 1 day license: $11.30, 1 year license: $34.90, under 16 years of age is free of license. Anyone coming? please confirm and put your name down.

1. Steve

Believe me, when I'm fishing, nothing else matters, including games and soft balls...etc. Unless your secretary shows up and brightens up my day, :tongue2: then fishing will be a second priority.

We'll be missing you, John. Who'll knows you'll meet some nice fisherladies at the lake. Now I know you're an environmentalist whom hates polluted fish. :hail:

Steve and the boys, I will meet up with you guys next time...

I got an idea, when your realing in that record setting 175 pound mutant mercury filled Catfish and the crowd is gathering around just remember at that exact moment to whisper into the hot secretary's ear and tell her catching this fish is great and all, but catching you would be the sweetest catch of all. :kiss: Just please don't offer the poor girl a fillet of the mutant catfish it may send her running to the nearest out house (toilet):tongue-ti

Good luck buddy with both the fish and the ladies.. I'm rooting for you..Oh and If you see David eyeing the secretary don't move in for the kill you may make Dave jealous and you don't want to do that. That may just result in a life time ban from the Lextreme forums and you may be black listed from any future LEX events...Play your cards carefully my friend you don't want to rock the boat.........Ha Ha....:veryhappy

Anyway enjoy yourselves fellas and no burnouts please that will scare the kids and fish away....

So your married with two kids what does that mean? That just means you are more desperate... Steve, stay away from the secretary!!!!!!!!!!

I hope your wife isn't reading this, I am completely joking around..Please take no offense to my warped sense of humor..

Davey ole boy, I know that you are a stand up family man with good values and I also happen to know you own a fast LS400 that shifts hard and makes you spill coffee on yourself..........See ya pal.....