Lextreme members want to go fishing?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Dave,
If you'll change out the bushings, don't get the Daizen bushings. Most of us used them, but none of us got satisfied. We all wasted money to change them to something else. Unless your car is a track car, Daizen bushings are harsh and squeaky. For the front lower bushings, you might either go with the Supra LCA, good option. Or if the old balljoints are still good, then you might go with the rubber bushings that I'm currently using. They ride like stock but I don't know how long they'll last. However, if you want to try the Daizen bushings, I still have them and can give them to you. They're only used for 4 months and still in excellent shape. I'll also give you the stock metal cores (already cleaned) so you'll save 1/2 time by not having to burn and clean them. You'll only need to burn and clean the stock bushing metal shells.

You should need a complete tranny flushing. The job requires at least 1/2 hour filling and draining continuosly. You'll see it'll run smoother than before. I don't recommend doing it at home because it'll require a big container to store the tranny fluid. I used to have a friend doing it for me at Downey Toyota dealer. He's no longer working there so I don't know whom to recommend. However, you can take your car to any shop and ask them to do it for you. But make sure you'll stay there and watch them fill/drain until the fluid come out clean and fresh like new with no more burning smell. The parts needed are only a pump (my friend told me it costs around $45) for this filling and a lot of quartz of tranny fluid.

Thanks guys. John, you gave me a lot of hook ups on the Club Lexus forums. Ya that was me that we were pming back and forth there. I never got the paint shop name and number though you were going to find the info for me. If you found it, ya I will use them. 1000.00 bucks for a good paint job is dirt cheap. usually it cost 5k for a totally pro job. Steve, ya NO poly bushings will ever touch my black beauty! Vlamos or bust! I read about the new sources you guys just found, so I don't know what the long term quality on those are, since you guys just put them in. I will go for the Vlamos I think. To much labor cost to skimp there. I read how you are really happy with your Tein super streets now Steve, since you changed the bushings to rubber. I love my Sc. It is the nicest car I have ever owned! I don't want to put inferior parts on her at all! I would feel like I am cheating on her lol.:smileysex

John or steve you guys got any good hook up for body shop? Can you guys please give me some info? 1000 bucks seem very good for a paint job John. If you have the hook up please help me out if you can in a couple of months. I just pick up a JIC front bumper. I still need the sides and rear skirts then my car will be ready for a paint and install body kits. Any good body shop that you guys can hook me up would be great. Thanks. Sorry if I jack your topic Dave.

SC400DAVE said:
.... Vlamos or bust! I read about the new sources you guys just found, so I don't know what the long term quality on those are, since you guys just put them in. I will go for the Vlamos I think. To much labor cost to skimp there. I read how you are really happy with your Tein super streets now Steve, since you changed the bushings to rubber. I love my Sc. It is the nicest car I have ever owned! I don't want to put inferior parts on her at all! I would feel like I am cheating on her lol.:smileysex
I heard the Vlamos is really good. But that still requires a few hundred bucks for labor since you can't do it at home. You actually don't need to change the upper rubber bushings, they last a long time. Do some calculations between the the Vlamos and the Supra LCA first. I think the Supra way might be cheaper and you still get complete new balljoints.

Ya thats what I'm going to do. The Supra LCA is only $215.00 each, so I can't go wrong with the new ball joints! Unfortunately, I can't do any work to my car at home, not even wash it! I live in an apartment, so until I buy another house, I am at the mercy of auto shops. I am going to replace the LCA's and see how she feels.She has 171,000 miles on her, so I think all the bushings could use replacing eventually. One project at a time.
My wife and I were admiring some brand new IS's that we have seen all weekend around town. Must have seen about 4 of them. I commented to her that "hey another 5 grand to restore the SC and we will be driving around in a 50,000 dollar car for only 10,000. She agreed!:veryhappy I love my wife!

With $1600 for a paint job, it's in the good range. For a good smooth and lasting paint, sanding between each coat is the major labor. Good primer, a lot of smooth sandings, at least 3 main layers of paint, and 1 good clear coat would definitely restore the paint to its original condition.

Ya the prep is where all the labor is. Painting is a piece of cake. If you paint over imperfections, like flawed bodywork or dirt, you have just wasted tons of time and effort. I was an aircraft painter back in the day for Continental Airlines. We used a paint called polyurethane. Yes liquid plastic. It is the hardest paint to shoot! We used paint guns that had static electricity going thru them some how. We had to ground the units to the plane. The stuff would attract to the plane like fly’s on you know what. I can't believe we don't use that stuff on cars. It is lextremely durable. Can you even imagine, a plane flying at least 200 mph and getting hit by everything from lightning to birds to gravel from the runways. We didn't have to ever polish the stuff. It just kept on shinning and and shining. Now don't get me wrong the lightning did leave a mark! Not much of one though. I guess that would be another reason for using plastic paint, Insulation!

stevechumo said:
With $1600 for a paint job, it's in the good range. For a good smooth and lasting paint, sanding between each coat is the major labor. Good primer, a lot of smooth sandings, at least 3 main layers of paint, and 1 good clear coat would definitely restore the paint to its original condition.
Steve, he did 3 clear coats for me..... He does great work and at an awesome price.....

JamesN said:
John or steve you guys got any good hook up for body shop? Can you guys please give me some info? 1000 bucks seem very good for a paint job John. If you have the hook up please help me out if you can in a couple of months. I just pick up a JIC front bumper. I still need the sides and rear skirts then my car will be ready for a paint and install body kits. Any good body shop that you guys can hook me up would be great. Thanks. Sorry if I jack your topic Dave.
James, Dave and everyone.., the paint shop that did my Sc400 for $1000 including light body work is called JC Painting..They are located near the corner of Avalon Street and Florence Avenue, in South Central LA...It's the hood, but no big deal in the day time...It's on a busy street...The phone number is (323) 752-5059.. It is a Mexican run family business but they do fantastic work and have been around for a while....The Car comes out looking like new, color sanded, clear coats, the works, no orange peal or over spray at all, they remove all the lights and molding before painting....New factory shine..with a good warranty.. The shop is gated and a secure place. I recommend you try and negotiate down the price like I did...They may come at you with a $1500 starting price or something and then you need to say I only have $1000 to spend can you do it for that much?...They should come down on the original stated price. Good luck...

Note: These guys are good but I did damage the front hood and needed the hood repainted...Took it back and they did not match the paint to perfection...However the original paint job was impressive, their color matching is not for return visits....Body work is proffessional.. I use to paint cars at my lot all the time so I know the difference between a good paint job and a bad one...

One other thing I don't recommend a color change...Stick to the same original car color when repainting...

Lextreme said:
Steve, he did 3 clear coats for me..... He does great work and at an awesome price.....
No wonder I always thought you had an orginal paint. But please wash your car sometimes. My car also doesn't have the original paint. It was in tan like John's car and repainted black before I bought it. The top's clear coat is starting to fade out, but the rest still looks excellent. I don't know why it's like that.

Lextreme said:
No... its not my LS400. Its my Cobra that he painted. Charged me $1,600 and garrantte for 5 years too.
Let's lead this subject to your Cobra. Which of your car has more power, the Cobra or your turbocharged LS400? How do you rate them? My curiosity never stops.

stevechumo said:
Let's lead this subject to your Cobra. Which of your car has more power, the Cobra or your turbocharged LS400? How do you rate them? My curiosity never stops.
Lets stick with fishing....LOL

The Cobra has more power, as I recall in a previous post Lex said the car is too fast, too noisy, etc...and frightens the kids... Let's stick to the Cobra David...Inquiring minds want to know? Tell us about this Cobra of yours? Fishing is boring, fast cars are fun. :drive:

It's all about you Lex.....

David,
Your statement of "Let's stick to fishing" is what I want to hear in the first place. I thought you forgot about it.:boobies:

John,
What would you mean by "Fishing is boring"? :sorry: It's fun and when a fish bites, it'll draw all of your tension and excitement just like when you ride the NOS....We need to have both fishing for relaxation and car speed for excitement.

Steve, I am sorry to say fishing is boring, I ment to say fishing can be boring until you get the bite....Deep sea Shark fishing is fun off a barge for me...It must be the Lextreme in me...you know with sunken in shark rods, strap downs, clubs the works...Did that a few times as a teen and got sea sick once and barfed on the 5 foot shark that I had just caught on the way back....Poor shark, I first club'd it and then puked on it...Tough way to go out even for a fish...:dunno: ...true story.......

Years ago they had a Malibu barge that would take you out deep sea fishing for like $30 all day. Set off in the mornings from the old Malibu peir....Those waters sometimes got very ruff and that is why I lost my breakfast that one time...

Anyway, lake fishing is fun especially when hanging out with good company ...Absolutely..:slaphappy

Now Lex don't be shy we need to hear about these hotrods of yours...:feedback: