Lexpute (the xp ute conversion)

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

momec1

Any one who has attempted to fit a 1uz into and early model Falcon will tell you it can't be done.
I purchased a Celsior front cut.
I then started the conversion to an xp falcon ute and am begining to wonder about my sanity.
I started with the vane hope of the 1uz fitting between the towers and after much cutting decided the only possible way was with an RRS kit that alters front suspension and allows you to cut most of the towers each side. I'm a bit of a tightarse and the ticket price was a bit high.
The old ute was a really good body from the firewall back but had been hit in the front at some stage and been badly repaired. After much measuring and beer and more measuring and more beer I decided to fit the whole front cut.

It fits good. The width is suprisingly very close, I've included the majority of the firewall so I can use the Celsior A/C. For every problem using the front cut solves it creates 10 more problems.
Resplicing it together is relativlely easy and I'm able to build more strength in as I go.
Don't do this at home punters, I really think I'm a little bit disturbed starting this.
The floor pan will end up with a bit of a step down a the foot well which is good as xp's have a lousy space for the left foot. I've thrown the airbag front struts and will fit coilovers. The stock Celsior front brakes will be a big improvement over the xp drums. I've got a 9" left over from my race ute and will use about a 3.9:1 centre.
I intend to run a supra box, fit a distributor and run straight gas.
I expect I'll be shouted down for the distributor idea but it allows me to keep it very simple and something I can keep my forty something brain around.
Anyone converted a 1uz to a single dissy and got any shortcuts please tell.
I was going to add some photos but can't work out how to compress them to the required size so if you wanna see pics I'll need help with that.

Seeya Momec

Go for it.

Do a search there are a couple threads on dizzys on the 1UZ.

It can be done and the trend is toward two Honda distributors.

We would all love to see the photos. Try re-saving them on your computer at a different size or take photos on a 620 setting.