Lets talk torque converters.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

spdrcr771

I road race, hardly ever drag race. I here that the torque converters, lex's or dragon tc's are one of the best bang for the buck you can spend. This is my DD & i dont need to launch at every light on my way to work. Can someone tell me how one of these will help me on the road course, & not just it helps you launch better. I meen is that all i does is allow you to have a higher stall. on my vvt-i 400 seems like 4&5th gears in the vvti seems sometimes the tq doesnt want to lockup very quick. like its all loading up & then full lock. will that change with new TC.

Im sorry if this is a noob, thread, but i searched to find my answer & didnt find what i was lookin for. can someone help me answer my question,cause this could total be another part, i could buy to help my track day's.

A higher stall torque converter will make your car "feel" more responsive and fun to drive, and you don't have to go crazy with the stall speed to get there.

I bought a 3500-3800 stall converter for my first MKIV Supra and it literally transformed the way the car drove. The 2JZ-GTE motor is a fantastic engine as long as the RPM's are kept up, and it's on boost, but much below 3000 RPM, in an A/T car, it's a real dog. The higher stall converter helps keep the RPM's up, so the engine feels much more responsive.

In your case, if you're roadracing, you're probably frustrated when the engine bogs down in the low RPM range, probably when taking a tight corner, and the tranny doesn't downshift fast enough? The higher stall converter will help this a lot.

For daily driving, the change isn't too obtrusive, unless you go nuts with the stall speed. 3500 is probably plenty, and you won't have to give up too much of that cushy Lexus launch.

The downside is that there will be more heat generated by the tranny and torque converter, so you should plan to run a good sized transmission cooler, and don't let your ATF go too long between changes.

With my Supra, the car began to move well before the tach hit 3500, but it definitely rev'd a bit higher with the new TC, than before.

I've forgotten now, but it probably rev'd to around 1500-2000 before there was any movement.

Have a read of how this works on some of the better torque converter sites and you'll understand it.