JGTC Supra engines

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
are they the new ones? cause i know the old ones used bored and stroked 1uz's that made nice power in n/a form too...

the gt300 class supra's used worked 3sgte 2litre engines.

actually i think that's last year's one....

im reading zoom #75 as we speak, and there's a pic of the current engine... displaces 5163cc and puts out 368kw.... bloody beaut extractors on it too... only a small pic though, not worth scanning

It's even more cool when you think that the engine is making 500hp with inlet restrictors. I wonder how much they COULD make...

I got a DVD from autobarn about the JGTC, they really didnt get into the specs of the Supra V8(they were more interested in the Nissans). However they did have in car footage of some cars...and the Supras sound awesome, though the different Supra teams did have different exhuast notes, but they are AWESOME!!!

hmm that is interesting cause i havent heard of many street N/A 1UZs making big power.

I imagine theyd at least have race pistons and rods but what about everything else? I bet theyd be running silly compression like 12:1 plus. Rev limit?

ummm, i don't think you can compare those jgtc race engines to anything street.... i doubt there are many parts on those engines that are factory spec... and yes, they do run silly compression in excess of 12:1...

i think the reason why there aren't any big power n/a 1uz's is the cost factor... it just costs way too much.... most people take the easy way and just go FI... alot less hassles and a lot cheaper in the end.

yea of course not, but from what littel information i can get they use standard blocks and modified heads (since ive never heard of any aftermarket heads).

Thru a friend i heard of a guy in queensland with a 300kw 1UZ Soarer, made using sky-high compression and race cams that can barely idle.

I posted a Q about TOMS parts for the 1UZ, who are apparently the guys that put together the JGTC engine.