Seller Feedback Jake Breyck, uza70.com, a.k.a. quantum-auto.com 1UZ flywheel purchase, what a joke!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
4000GT, you're right there are several places that offer them but not on this side of the pond. I've tried to talk with several people to get a similar light weight flywheel like the one offered by UZA70.com but I cannot get any emails back. I'd be happy just to get a good CAD design for one that does work.

I have still yet to hear anything from Jake and I'm really starting to get worried. he has my money, my useless flywheel, and I'm out shipping costs...

I will update when something happens.

Final Update,

I finally got a refund from Jake, 154 days after my initial payment and all this began. Yes, One Hundred and Fifty Four Days passed and now I have a refund for the full amount plus my shipping costs. It's been quite a ride, but mostly a huge waste of 5 months. I hope no one else goes through what I did.

Last edited:
Well, I just sent a flywheel over there to someone that if he wanted could get more machined up, that fits the 7.25 clutches. I could also buy one to fit the 10" clutches and send one over if someone or shop wants to copy it for sale...

if i found this thread earlier, i woulda avoided it uza70. i ordered a w58 manual conversion kit wit aluminum flywheel from there on 11/12/09 and have yet got an update on my order. i emailed twice to check up on the status and got nothing. im getting worried, that's 1500 that I coulda spent elsewhere.

if i found this thread earlier, i woulda avoided it uza70. i ordered a w58 manual conversion kit wit aluminum flywheel from there on 11/12/09 and have yet got an update on my order. i emailed twice to check up on the status and got nothing. im getting worried, that's 1500 that I coulda spent elsewhere.

Wow I am very sorry to hear about that. Did they contact you when you first placed your order? Did they give you a heads up on how long it would take? Keep us posted, but I really hope it works out for you.

Wow I am very sorry to hear about that. Did they contact you when you first placed your order? Did they give you a heads up on how long it would take? Keep us posted, but I really hope it works out for you.

i only received the paypal receipt wen i placed the order and the info on the item i ordered. the info on the item said it was gonna take 1-3 weeks. its about to be the 5th week. i got an email from jake today saying...

"Your kit is mostly ready just waiting on a few small parts and it will go out"

hopefully everything works out for me so i could get my project started

Good luck to all of you guys! I understand doing a business may sometime gets out of hand, even though it's just a side business, but keeping the honor of doing it is a must.

Wow...my whole car's lifeline was based on the w58 conversion kit they sell...nobody else really has one quite like it. I guess I'm F'd now:mad:

The bolt holes has been redesigned. There is no reason to not to get it especially with the multiple dozens of happy customers running the kits. Ive been running mine solid for a year (15k-20k miles on it) without any issues. There are 6 local people with this kit installed in their car. Things have shaped up since this incident.

'83,

Jake didn't have the only kit on the Planet.

Have a look around.

There are plenty available in New Zealand & Australia plus a few in the States. All of these have existed for years and are well proven.

If you search you will find CAD information on the conversion on some 1UZ Sites.

Don't be afraid of freight cost it isn't all that bad.

Yeah Im actually looking at the A1 turbos options, I heard the factory 1UZ bell doesnt quite fit so well in my car and that the A1 has a slightly more firewall friendly design. Can this be true?

so i placed an order on the 1uz - w58 conversion kit wit da aluminum flywheel november 12 2009. i jus received my package today, everything looks good so far. happy that i got it, angry that it took 3 months

Attachments

• IMG00215-20100218-1607.jpg
    IMG00215-20100218-1607.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 20
Yeah that's painful to wait so long. Let us know how it fits when it all goes together. And I recommend people use credit cards for such purchases. It's the only way you can get protection from these sorts of transactions. Even if you use Paypal... use the credit card option.

I would gladly pay the shipping over the ocean for a reputable product. We work too hard on out machines for sub-standard parts that are "iffy". I'm not pointing any fingers... just commenting!

i really and truly wish i had found this thread before
im in week 4 right now, i ordered the kit with the steel flywheel

i was promised that the kit would be complete in just shy of two weeks and shipped out after that

whats bad is that the place im working on my car is not my own and i told my gf's mother (owner of the house whos yard im working out of for this swap) that my car would only be there for a month
now i look like an ass taking over her back yard for all this time.

My kit works great

I would just like to comment that my kit works great and here is a link to my swap http://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-400-300/500403-w58-swappage.html . Matt and Jake were an excellent help to me as well.

I came across this thread surfing google and had to add to it.

I think people are a little ridiculous with time expectations for custom parts from a very small business like quantum-auto. These guys aren't making a living by selling these kits. So, you can't expect them to have a factory pumping them out every 5 minutes. Low quantity custom parts like this are almost never a "fast" ordeal. Granted, there was a serious communication breakdown and a small error, WHICH HAPPENS, especially with a small business. The errors have been taken care of, though, but it is still not an overstocked business. They cannot afford to pre-fabricate many kits lest the demand ceases because they would take a substantial loss relative to their overall sales. 1UZ W58 kits are low volume, and posts like many have added carelessly to this thread will certainly not assist in the delivery speed of these kits, as they will lower the manufacture rate and small profit even further. So, please be patient and do not expect an instantaneous delivery. I, among many others, would hate to see a viable option to mate the 1UZ to a manual transmission be taken. Quantum-auto made the SC400 an economical dream car for me with this kit, as I always wanted one with a manual trans., but never thought it was possible (for me) til I saw their kit.

As for the quality of the parts in the kit, it is unquestionable. Doubting the flywheel is balanced, seriously? I think at least one person with the flywheel installed may have noticed a problem with balancing, unless a non-balanced flywheel is misleadingly smooth. My car runs 100% as smooth as it did with the auto. The flywheel has a replaceable friction surface and functions perfectly. I am sorry that the OP had such a misfortune, but things happen, and the Quantum-auto guys are good people. They aren't trying to screw anyone over. They are producing a quality, cost-effective kit that they use on their own cars! The closest priced kit I've seen is from Thailand and has what truly looks like a low[est] quality flywheel with a non-serviceable friction surface, and probably a clutch of equal or lesser value.

Take my words for as little as you will, but a little more understanding is always a good thing for anyone.

not to threadjack but jake and all who are involved with him are not bad guys at all. they are making what seems to be a truly high quality product from what ive read.
after my initial post i cought up with jake and he explained the situation to me as far as why the timing was so far off from what he originally quoted me.
my only issue with him taking so long is that i just needed more communication.
custom parts like this are certainly not a quick thing to make and its better to take your time and get something right the first time
like i said the issue was communication and im getting that now so im good