IS200 Swap from 1G-FE to 1UZ-FE

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Hi guys, i have been out there all day, and i just can not seem to get it to run, 1st of all i have spark to all plugs now, and i have fuel, i go to turn the car over and it starts but as soon as i let the key go it dies, i have been swaping wires about all day, to see if i can pin-point it but i can not seem to find out whats up....

any one out there know whats up with this and why you think it keeps dieing on me as soon as i let go of the key, ??

if my alternators not connect right will this stop the car from starting ??

sta wire has nothign to do with it
the engine starts it just wont run

check the main powers
there is only 3 wires to connect as im always fking reminded
so simple anyone can do it

make sure yr injectors are not blocked/stuck shut

sta wire has nothign to do with it
the engine starts it just wont run

check the main powers
there is only 3 wires to connect as im always fking reminded
so simple anyone can do it

make sure yr injectors are not blocked/stuck shut

Hi Sideshow, i will check them today, i will also check the wires, thanks for you feedback mate,

I will let you know how i get on.......

Nice website as well :)

well i have gone over it all today and i can not seem to fined out whats up, Q ? the wires comeing from the starter i have a 12v + 4 wires , where do i connect the 4 wires ?

Its still turns over and starts but as soon as i let the key go it dies, it as if once i let the key go it cuts something of ??

Marcus,

Check your fuel pump is still running.

It may pay to "hot wire" it for a test so yo know it has power when you let the key go.

Hi guys, here are the pinouts of the IS200 ECU if any one could help that would be good, please let me know if i have missed any wires out

IS200 ECU LS400 ECU 1993

Pin No-plug-color Pin No-Plug-color

10-A-B/O---------MREL connected to 13-#28-B/O -----MRCL
1-A-B/Y---------BATT 14-#28-B/Y------BATT
9-A-B/O---------IGSW 9-#28-B/O------IGSW
16-A-B/R---------B 22-#28-B/R------B+
8-A-B/R---------B2 23-#28-B/R------B1+
17-A-G/Y--------FC ???????????????????
6-A-R/L---------W 3-#16-Y/R------W

2-B-B-----------STA 13-#34-B-------STA

The thing with the STA, on the is200 Diagram that wire go,s to a sw called the neutral start sw, so what wire do i connect to it the STA or do i put the NSW on it ??

I dont know if any one understand this, but thats what i have connected up from the LS400 ECU to the IS200 ECU, or should i have just bypassed the IS200 ECU, when i come to think of it now i think i should have bypassed the IS200 ECU hhmmm

what do you think guys?

think i know what you going to say lol

Marcus,

Check your fuel pump is still running.

It may pay to "hot wire" it for a test so yo know it has power when you let the key go.

Hi Zuffen,i will try that, as thats what it seems like! as soon as i let go of key it seems like its cuting power to the fuel/pump and thats why it stops, if it dont have power when i let go of key, How do i fix this if its that ? or what have i done, i must have a wire thats needs swaping round somewhere.....

Thanks for your input mate.......

well i had alook tonight when i got in from work, im siting there looking at all the wires, and i see 2 wires that i over looked, they are 2 B-W wires comeing from inside the car, and they are from the IGSW and they goto the NSW on the LS400 ECU, as soon as i connected them she started 1st time, i am over the moon, and as i dont have the turbo on her yet ( just took it off to do some work on it) she sounds like a dragster lol

sorry guys but i have to give myself a "pat on the back" and take my hat of to all that helped with there input to try and work out what it was, THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS, Top sit with top guys :)

I have her running but i dont have any RPM its not working? what wire do i need from the ECU to make this work ??

Marcus,

The RPM signal comes from one of the ignitors, you will find on one of them a black wire that terminates at a plug on the end of the engine loom that in the LS400 connects into a plug on the body loom that takes the signal from the ignitor to the rev counter.

As far as I know the signal doesnt get anywhere near the ECU.

I dont know how you get the rev counter to read the signal from the ignitor as I dont know the type or characteristics of the signal the ignitor generates to trigger the rev counter.

Anyone on here know what type of signal the ingitor sends to the rev counter as I would also like to get a rev counter to work properly?

Cheers,

Tony

Hi Tonyd, hhmm i think i know what plugs you are talking about, i have 2 plugs at the end of the loom, that dont connect to the ECU, like you say they go to the body loom, i will have alook.....now i need to see what wire i need from the IS200 side!! ill let you know how i get on.

Thanks for your input mate :)

Marcus,

The RPM signal comes from one of the ignitors, you will find on one of them a black wire that terminates at a plug on the end of the engine loom that in the LS400 connects into a plug on the body loom that takes the signal from the ignitor to the rev counter.

As far as I know the signal doesnt get anywhere near the ECU.

I dont know how you get the rev counter to read the signal from the ignitor as I dont know the type or characteristics of the signal the ignitor generates to trigger the rev counter.

Anyone on here know what type of signal the ingitor sends to the rev counter as I would also like to get a rev counter to work properly?

Cheers,

Tony

the problem is has you sat down and studied how the original 1gfe engine
that came out of the is200 works
the std ecu in the is200 works alot of shittt in the dash and the air con too
so by removing have the wiring to if from the orig engine u cause alot fo probs in the dash

get a diag of the is200 and see where the tacho signal is
then u need to get the tacho signal from the 1uz and mate them together
u will need signal divider/multiplier boxes cause one is a 6cyl the other has a 4 cyl signal
the 1gfe has 6 coils all with inbuilt ignitors so im guessing the tacho signal comes out of the ecu if your lucky
if your unlucky then the dash might work thru serial data

i fit tacho boosters to nearly every 1uz i wire up
but im pretty sure they wont help u marcus

HI Sideshow, you have a very good point there mate, about the 1g-fe ECU runs alot, i have most of the dash working!! i dont have air-con any more so thats one thing i dont have to get to work lol, i will try that with the Tacho,s and see what comes of it? Thanks for your feedback mate :)

the problem is has you sat down and studied how the original 1gfe engine
that came out of the is200 works
the std ecu in the is200 works alot of shittt in the dash and the air con too
so by removing have the wiring to if from the orig engine u cause alot fo probs in the dash

get a diag of the is200 and see where the tacho signal is
then u need to get the tacho signal from the 1uz and mate them together
u will need signal divider/multiplier boxes cause one is a 6cyl the other has a 4 cyl signal
the 1gfe has 6 coils all with inbuilt ignitors so im guessing the tacho signal comes out of the ecu if your lucky
if your unlucky then the dash might work thru serial data

i fit tacho boosters to nearly every 1uz i wire up
but im pretty sure they wont help u marcus

well im happy to say i have just got my RPM working, traced the wire back and did some test,s and connected the black wire from the ignitor to the TACH on the IS200, and it now works, now i just have to get the car out on the road to see if the speedO is working.....