Is this the correct starter relay

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Gatwick Axe Man

Hi All,

I'm in the early stages of removing a 1uz-fe from a LS 400 with the plan of fitting it into a Cobra kit car (Dax). At the moment I'm just getting my head round where everything is and what to disconnect etc, I picked the car up for a reasonable (cheap) price because it has a starter motor fault. With the battery connected the starter runs all the time, even with the key out of the ignition, it's trying to turn over the engine continually. I'm guessing it's either a faulty ignition switch, a faulty starter solenoid or a faulty starter relay.

Working on the rule of "replace cheapest first" I've pulled the relay to check it over, unsurprisingly the starter has stopped turning but I have noticed that the relay may be the wrong one for the car. The relay that was/is fitted is marked; Starter Relay / Toyota / 28300-10020 / 156700-0503 and is PURPLE.
I've had a look for a replacement relay and all the info' I can find says the starter relay should be a; GREEN / 28300-16010 / 05670-7400.
Can anyone with a better knowledge of these let me know what starter relay I should have fitted in the car?

Car is a 1996 Lexus LS400 4l V8 with a 1uz-fe engine.

Any reply most appreciated, thanks. Graham.

I dont see any reply to your question even after a year has gone by. I hope your problem is solved. I use a universal 4 point relay with markings 30, 86, 85, 87. The method is to put continues power to pin 30, ignition to pin 86, ground to pin 85, and your starter wire to pin 87. You can use this for any item you wish to power by relay. Hooters, Fuel pump, injectors etc. regards jan