Is the 95 sc400 interference?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Glickman

I’m doing a timing belt job on my 95 sc400 and noticed that my cams aren’t timed properly. Got me wondering if the engine is interference or not. After a bit of research I found no solid consensus on whether it is or not. Some have been found to have the lighter rods of a gen 2 1uz, but Lexus rated them as having a 10.1 compression ratio, making me believe that it hasn’t been bumped up to an interference engine like the 96 with a higher compression ratio. Has anyone opened up a 95 sc400 and seen if the valves can hit the pistons? Thanks

Yes, thanks to Toyota mixing and matching with the sc400 i have seen both light and and heavy rods in the mid 90s sc400 and soarer. The ls400 change over nicely between ucf10 and ucf20 however as uzz30 uzz31 stayed the same model there was no distinct change over date for internals, or externals for that matter. They frequently have a lucky dip of parts fitted.

Yes, thanks to Toyota mixing and matching with the sc400 i have seen both light and and heavy rods in the mid 90s sc400 and soarer. The ls400 change over nicely between ucf10 and ucf20 however as uzz30 uzz31 stayed the same model there was no distinct change over date for internals, or externals for that matter. They frequently have a lucky dip of parts fitted.
Thanks for the reply, guess I’m gonna have to just finish up the timing belt and hope that I got a odb1 and there’s no valve damage.