Is 20mpg or 14.1 Liters /100 kms out of the question Hilux?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

live4soccer7

Is Is 20mpg or 14.1 Liters/kms out of the question for a 1984 toyota 4runner mixed driving? This excludes offroad or towing.

I would like to get the early 1UZ

Truck
------
1984 Toyota 4runner
5.29 Gearset (can change)
ARBs front/rear
Front Rear Tube Bumpers
Currently Running 37x14.5's (sufficient lift is installed for tires)
Would likely run the R150 with the 1UZ - dual cases as well.

I understand that the gearing as mentioned above is not optimal for the engine's economy on the freeway/highway. I probably do 70%highway/30%city. Maybe even more highway. I can change the gearset though since the 1UZ shouldn't have an issue with the truck. This way I can sit around 2000rpms on the highway. It would actually likely be with stock toyota 4.10's to achieve this with 35-37's.

Last edited:
It seems somewhat unrealistic then. Considering that seems to be about a 2400 lb car (roughly). On another note, how do you like the swap?

Edit: anyone that has swapped them into a toyota truck? List some specs. Also did you account for all the gear/tire changes etc...

Last edited:
I am getting 14Litres / 100km on my surf running a Stock early engine with stock ECU lexus auto with the surf transfer. LN130 running stock diffs and stock tyres. I would like to get better yet , just need a bit more time to play with it.

Cheers

Well that is good to hear.

I'm getting much the same as gloverman but Soarer engine and ECU and R150 box behind it

What size tires and what gearset are you running in the diffs?

I have been searching for a 92-94 sc400 for the swap for a couple months now. Just waiting for one to come along.

My goal is 20mpg all around (excluding towing or offroad use). Do you think this is realistic with larger tires (Currently running 37's with 5.29's) and front/rear tube bumpers in a 1st gen 4runner? I will regear to adjust the freeway cruising speed.

I sold the 22r and w56 yesterday, so my truck sits empty. While I am about 90% sure this is the swap I want am trying to find out this last bit to be sure that I will be content with it when finished.

Thanks everyone for your time. I know BOTH of you have answered some of my questions already in other posts. Thanks.

It seems somewhat unrealistic then. Considering that seems to be about a 2400 lb car (roughly). On another note, how do you like the swap?

Edit: anyone that has swapped them into a toyota truck? List some specs. Also did you account for all the gear/tire changes etc...

The mx83 cressida is a 3400 lb car. probably 3200 with the 1uz.
I love it,
and my tires are 23 1/2" just in case you wanted to do final ratio calculations.

I am doing the same in my 2003 extracab hilux running early 1uzfe auto factory ecu 6 pound boost on supercharger tyres are 33 inch with diff ratio 4.88 .it has customized stainless steel tray vehicle weighs 2000 kg.

Hey live4soccer7, lol... looks like we both made our way over here.

The 1st gen 4runners are 3700lb approx, so not much heavier than an MX83 (fawking tanks I tell ya)

So... Geared and setup properly, you'd get 20mpg I think. I don't think it's unrealistic or unattainable. Just keep your foot off the skinny pedal

ha ha ha. I've been over here for quite some time. While I looked at many different options and new of a few things needed for each, I had originally done all my research on the 1UZ so I do know quite a bit about it. I have a ton of info "thrown" into this thread for more my purposes than anything:

http://www.yotatech.com/f158/live4soccer7s-1uz-fe-ramblings-swap-264110/index3.html

It is a great place to learn about the 1UZ.

I found on yahoo answers (I know, terrible source) that a guy weighed his truck empty without him in it at a weigh station and it was 3400 lbs.

I definitely think the mileage will be attainable. I think it all comes down to the gearing. I'm not sure what I will end up going with as far as gearing goes.

There are so many different variables to calculate what MPG you will have it is difficult to give a definite answer.

Elevation, Fuel grade and octane level, level of aggresive driving, and other drivetrain/engine mods will factor into your end result.

I believe it should be achievable from what I've seen. I'm quite a good driver (efficient) when I want to be. I should hopefully have the motor transplanted within a couple months. I've gotten most of the parts now. I will be able to tell soon (assuming everything is running in top notch).

Hi mate. I have a 88 4runner with an early 1uz mated to a r151. Its running 4.5's in the diffs and im sitting on 33's. It's getting about 15 - 16 /100 but being a weekend toy I'm constantly flogging the thing to death. On the high way the revs are a bit high but I never seem to get the time to swap out ratios, that and I don't really care about fuel economy. they are plenty of fun to drive you wont regret it.

Thanks for the confidence. I can't wait. I've got all the parts now and should hopefully be getting to the much more interesting part of the swap (the work) soon.

What did you end up doing for the speedometer? I'm using the lexus cluster.

Also, what did you do for a fuel pump?

I am getting 14Litres / 100km on my surf running a Stock early engine with stock ECU lexus auto with the surf transfer. LN130 running stock diffs and stock tyres. I would like to get better yet , just need a bit more time to play with it.

Cheers

I have the same setup and am only seeing 12.2 MPG to your 16.7

How did you run your exhaust and intake?