Ideas/tips for newbie

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

LT400LS

Hey all, proud owner of LS400 '91 from Lithuania here.

So far mods done:
Sports filter
Full Magna flow exhaust
Installed coils
Upgraded brakes

Any ideas for getting more power without installing turbo/supercharger? Dont want to have too much power on it, since we have winter for 4-5months and its a daily :)

I guess next should be a new intercooler? New fuel injectors?

Thanks in advance!

Welcome!

Nitrous is the cheapest power adder going, but be careful, it's the equivalent of crack cocaine for car junkies :) and the consequences are just about the same.

Well, you kinda answered it yourself then, so no to nitro :DD guess im searching more for "homeopathic"ways to increase the power without much change

I'm a bit lost as to why you would look at fitting an intercooler without a boosted engine?

There isn't much you can do to these to get more out of them without spending big Dollars.

Make sure the plugs and leads are working as best they can and run high Octane fuel to get the most out of it.

Its not about the money, its about the optimum power for this car. Meaning it will become useless on wet/winter with a turbo/supercharger. I want to keep its breed as a comfy rider, adding not more than 50 hpto what it has already.

You're going to spend tons of money getting "optimum power" out of a naturally aspirated 1UZ engine.

Trust Rod & me - together, we've probably spent six figures on these engines, and haven't accomplished what a stock Chevy LS can put out.

Put a 50 shot of nitrous on it and you'll be there.

The nitrous is a problem here in Lithuania :) its europe, so people know turbo mounting, and only some know superchargers :) i would prefer a supercharger then :)

You're going to spend tons of money getting "optimum power" out of a naturally aspirated 1UZ engine.

Trust Rod & me - together, we've probably spent six figures on these engines, and haven't accomplished what a stock Chevy LS can put out.

Put a 50 shot of nitrous on it and you'll be there.

trust you
but

improving fuel injection and ignition - maybe slightly increase compression ratio - at least polishing air intake as much you can

how much could you get out of that?

Nitrous is cheap to do and turbo or supercharging a lot more cost.

You also indicated you didn't want to boost it.

In reality there is very little to be gained power wise without spending big dollars.

On my engine I run a big air intake and that's it.

After spending around US$40,000 on a supercharged engine I figure the standard one was more reliable and much more fuel efficient. OK not as fast but I still get there.