I need to quieten the Beast

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Reinstalling resonators could help. Still looks like enough room to run a large twin in/twin out muffler across the rear? Pipes both turn in and then out the other side . 300mm wide, as tall as you can and what approx 500mm long? Would do alot to quiet the thing....if even only for rego?

Rod, how about a couple of exhaust valves?

This one from Summit is on ebay for $130

Install it inside one or both pipes. One pipe may be all that is needed.

Close off enough flow to meet requirements and open for max flow.

sum-670150_w.jpg

Rod, how about a couple of exhaust valves?

This one from Summit is on ebay for $130

Install it inside one or both pipes. One pipe may be all that is needed.

Close off enough flow to meet requirements and open for max flow.

sum-670150_w.jpg

Illegal, engineer won't pass it. Big fine too (ps i work for the EPA ;))

Wow, the ZO6 Corvette has exhaust valves stock. The old Infiniti Q45 did as well and probably some I am forgetting. I understand if they are installed as cutouts but I am talking inside and inline each tube after the muffler but before the tailpipe outlets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVOQttYzSFw

Yup some big inconsistencies for big dollar OEM cars....quite a few of the 'specials' wouldn't even pass standard noise limits.

Justen,

One problem with anything at the rear is it will most likely become a mascot for some rock sticking up on a 4x4 track!

The resonators I'm going to refit have the same problem.

If they don't quieten it down enough I'll try the 2 in 2 out muffler.

On the valve front even my wife's Mercedes SLK55 has them as stock. Nice and quiet if you tootle around but give the welly and windows start shaking.

I agree with Justen. It just doesn't make sense what manufacturers can do and we can't.

How many factory cars run 8"+ wheels? Heaps, yet we can't go over 8" because the NSW RTA said we can't. Even an engineer can't sign off on them. My 10" rims are being signed off for "off road use only" and 8" wheels going on the report. But I did get to keep my 35" tyres.

That sucks about the wheel width limits. Can you get your ride checked off with the 8 inchers and then simply swap over to wider ones after your certified?

I can drive around on whatever I like as long as I'm prepared to pay the fine for the vehicle being "un-roadworthy", take my chances with insurance (which isn't such a big deal) and then run the risk of having to have the vehicle checked extremely closely by the registration authorities.

Paying the fine doesn't bother me.

The insurance side only kicks in if my insurance company can prove the overwidth wheels were the cause of the accident. One wheel would need to fail to do that, so I don't see it as a drama.

The last one could be nasty.

I figure I've driven this on and off for 15 years and it is a little wild to look at and I've never been stopped by the Police so I figure it's worth the risk.

I wish I knew why the 8" rule is in force.

If I changed my car to an "Individually Constructed Vehicle" which is easy I could have 15" wide wheels if I wanted them AND the engineer agreed.

I wish I knew why the 8" rule is in force.

If I changed my car to an "Individually Constructed Vehicle" which is easy I could have 15" wide wheels if I wanted them AND the engineer agreed.

I take it there is a downside to making this classification change otherwise I suspect you would have done so already.

How strict are the maintenance laws for "stock" vehicles?

I hate rules written by people with little to no understanding while ignoring other major safety issues such as vehicle maintenance (brakes, steering, tires, etc.)

Made any more progress?

John,

The change of catagory entails complying with a bunch of other stuff I currently don't need to.

Nothing terribly hard to do but I would need to have my seat belts embroided with a note saying "warning - no airbags fitted in this vehicle" plus I would need a heated rear window in my canvas roof, that I never fit to the car. That's the sort of stuff to get through.

Hopefully by the end of the week it will be all sorted out.

Now I'll probably carry out my threat to sell the UZ and try an LS6.

There isn't much left to do on the car and I'm starting to get bored!

Need to get it dyno'd first and get a nice print out of what it does then make a decision.

Hehehe, but hasn't it been more like:

L: Let's
E: Elevate
X: Xcess and
U: Unneeded
S: Spending

I know if I didn't already have stupid amounts of money tied up in UZ's, I'd be all over that Coyote, assuming that it holds together as well as it looks, and doesn't need an engine bay half the size of the Queen Mary to shoehorn it in.