I completed the swapp but...

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

jay-spec

Hello everyone and I want to start by saying it is truely an honer to be apart of this board. Lextreme has been a HUGE HUGE HUGE help in completing my 1UZ-FE swapped MK3 Supra.

My swap is completed but I have a problem. As you may already know I have a SC400 spec 1UZ and harness but running a 92 LS400 ECU. My problem is that the engine fails to start on first try but on second try it start fine. Normally this would not be a big issue with me but the engine also fail to rev up freely. Its break up really bad after maybe 2K RPM(Tach is not connected, just judging by sound) as if its hitting a fuel cut or something. Having some automotive experience I assume it was the MAF. I double check my wire connection from the MAF to the ECU and found that all wires were connected. The engine runs and starts the same with MAF pluged or unpluged. Even when the engine is running I disconnected the MAF and see if there was a different and there was not differents. I' am not sure if its a wiring fault or whatever?!?!?!? I' am completly stump on this issue and was praying someone from here can assist me?

Have you tried reseting the ECU? Sounds like it has gone into limp mode. Pull the codes on it. When I wired mine up, the CEL light is one of the first things I wired so I could pull the codes to help trouble shoot and knock out all of the codes I could, one by one.

If it helps, I have my wiring guide up on my project site as well as revisions from viper92086 after completing wiring for his 1UZ-FETT project.

HEY WHATS UP

HEY IM HERE IN TEXAS AS A GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE BUT IM FROM CHICAGO TOO. CAN U PM ME HOW U GOT YOUR MOUNTS DONE. AND DID THE LS400 HEADERS WORK FOR U OR NO?

air4swun,

First thanks for serving our country and welcome to Lextreme.

Second, We speak English here, not text-speak

Third, Please turn your caps off

HEY IM HERE IN TEXAS AS A GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEE BUT IM FROM CHICAGO TOO. CAN U PM ME HOW U GOT YOUR MOUNTS DONE. AND DID THE LS400 HEADERS WORK FOR U OR NO?

Hopefully jay-spec stuck with the SC400 manifolds or designed some. If I recall correctly the SC400 manifolds are slightly better than the LS400 manifolds.

One year later I finally respond. If it still matters I did use the SC manifold but now I have a custom manifold. I discovered the problem was the gen 1 ECU. It does rev freely if there is no Trans ECU signal