HP potential from TRD Supercharger

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Cheers for that Hypro....best match looks to be a 2.1 Sprintex so maybe the 2.3 TRD would go OK?

The TRD 2.3 is a roots though eh, not a twinscrew like the Sprintex?

HI JustenGT8

From what i have read up on them, this will depend on when the combo was made as whipple, eaton, autorotor, SRM, Lysholm and sprintex have all been in some sort of relationship or partners with each other?

Dual TB's, Whiteline swapbars, 97 RZ Supra brakes, Airbag & controller

Justen, I'm pretty sure TRD contracted Magnuson (www.magnacharger.com) to build that 4.7 Tundra supercharger setup for them, but it was done under an airtight NDA, so you won't find any mention of it on their website.

Hi JustenGT8

The main 2 that i know off where Whipple in the beginning but they now use Eatons units.

Yes the whipple is a twin screw while the eaton is a roots.

The most common car here in australia with the 4.7ltr TRD superchargers are the 100 series landcruiser from about 98 onwards, an if im correct they only run between 5 to 9 psi boost.

There was a kit on ebay up for sale about 6mths ago, an went for about $3,500 an that was with injectors, linkages, ecu, clamps and hoses for the water intercooler.

The other option, is to look at the units that go on the 4.7ltr sohc ford boss cars here in Oz's, they are the same sort of unit, but you will need to mod the the base off the inlet manifold to suit the 1UZ engines or you can look at the TRD Supercharger 5.7L Tundra from the USA

Last edited:
Found this video on youtube

Eaton

Maps and drawings

I don't see a map for the 2300, I know a lot of the LSx kits use the TVS 1900 it must be to do with what boost level you want to run. The TVS can run up to 16 - 18,000 rpm.

Below are my calculations before I bought my TVS 1900. If you open the xl sheet and change the supercharger volume to 2300 you get some pretty large numbers. It's a bit fluffy but the numbers do work out to be close for known TVS 1900 applications. Important to look at the efficiency map and supercharger rpm. Bigger may not always be better depending on what pressure you want to run as you may be going outside the prime efficiency range.

The second tab shows the delta T for the 1900, I don't have the delta T for the 2300 I would suggest contacting Harrop for the map and the delta T chart.

Attachments

• TVS 1900 drive ratios.zip
    7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I used the Sprintex site SC calculator and for their twinscrew the 2.3 was bang on for 15psi and 450kw flywheel....a bit more than i was chasing for trackwork but could probably use that extra 50kw for drags ;)

The TVS1900 would prob go OK but would need more boost?

TRD looks like it would be a 2.1 or 2.3 based on the power and knowing they are low boost? hell expensive though and i doubt the 5.7 manifold is a bolt up to the VVTi UZ head?

What i had done, was create a spreadsheet as a base figure to help understand what i was after.

First page was for boost, second was trans an diff ratios + top end speed, thrid was injector sizing.

With the boost page, just have to enter in your rev limit, supercharger size in ltr, engine size in ltr, crank and s/c pulley size (this can be in tooth, cm or inchs does not matter).

With just those details, it will give you final drive ratio, sc internal speed, sc capacity in LPM, sc cfm flow, engine capacity in LPM, engine cfm flow, Increased cfm flow and boost in psi.

Attachments

• car calculator.zip
    16.7 KB · Views: 14
The TRD 4.7 is based off the m90 which is also used on the smaller TRD V6. Basically it will net you around 70-80 BHP at full boost, and at very high temps. If you want a small jump in hp I suppose it's worth it but it's working too hard for that size of engine. Like others stated above, the M112 is the best cost effective solution. Also the TRD is pretty expensive if you have not purchased it.

It's my dads but I make sure it gets regular exercise ;). You are right, spirited driving drops MPG down into low teens and at the time it had a JET reprogrammed ECU and it would go thru a tank a day with my pops daily commute from Temecula to San Diego. I somewhat solved the problem by fabbing a custom 3" mandrel intake with a high flow MAF, and a massive cone filter under the front air dam. That combined with a 2psi bump in boost and a transmission mainline presure raise the truck stays put in 5th and never drops to 4th to pass on the freeway. I drove her to Tim's shop every day for 2 weeks and I averaged 20MPG at 70mph. I feel water/meth is a great idea for the 3vz as far as MPG goes.

I managed a battle with a turbo diesel F-350 on the way home and the little taco flew to 115mph till it hit the governor but I feel 130+ is very do-able. pretty scary in a top heavy taco but it sure sounds satisfying.

Anyone have a pic of the 4.7L TRD blower? Just curious to compare the tacoma m90 to the tundra m90.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I have 2uz-fe TRD supercharged with oversize crank pulley so my TRD supercharger produces about 9psi at 5700 rpms.

1. TRD SC
2. 9psi pulley
3. JBA Headers
4. Unichip
5. IK22 Denso
6. stock exhaust
7. stock intake

I tried to attach .pdf file here, and it won't let me.

you can view dyno (Mustang Dyno AWD (MD-AWD-1100)) on TS http://www.tundrasolutions.com/foru...36-i-am-still-progress-tuning-my-dyno-sae.pdf

That seems a little disapointing, I expected the numbers to be higher, Do you still have some tuning to do on it?