How to run Lexus auto when using LINK ECU?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Rollux

Hi All
just hoping for some clarification.
Currently have an beaten up LN61V Surf running a 1UZ, Linkplus G3 and standard W55 box and trans. Wasted spark setup and no MAF. Runs ok, just needs a decent tune and OE ISCV valve rather than the bosch unit fitted. 2" Body lift.
I am looking at changing the body to a VZN130 - I understand it is a reasonably straightforward process with 2 body mounts needing to be changed. I will also buy the auto trans and transfer from same VZN.
I want to change to auto, so figured I would do this at the same time as the body swap.

Reasoning behind body swap - I can get a mint VZN body - complete with everything, just lifted straight off the frame and ECu unplugged - for $500. Would give me a nicer looking and more practical rig.
I have access to hoists etc too.
I also figure I can sell my manual stuff to recoup the cost of the body, and maybe part out the 61 body to pay for the cost of the auto box and bits

From what I understand at the moment I would need;
1. Stock lexus Auto
2. V6 Transfer case
3. The speed sensors installed into the transfer as required.

The question I have is how do I control the lexus auto properly? Would I have to wire up a lexus ecu as well?
Or should I fit the v8 internals into the v6 trans and let the stock trans ecu control it? Wouldn't think shift points would be too far out...
Input would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Dan

Nothing wrong with your option UZZ31 , The TCM2000 is a great product. Some of Dans mechanical options wont work. The VZN auto transfer case wont fit the lexus box ( well not one that Ive seen yet anyway.)

The VZN auto transfer case wont fit the lexus box ( well not one that Ive seen yet anyway.)

Kelvin, I find this comment strange, as every site I have seen, including this one, states to use the auto Surf transfer case with ADD as it bolts onto the lexus auto. You also do this as a service with wiring, so what gives?

***See below for my retraction - SORRY!******

Regards,
Dan

Last edited: