How to access a LS 400 ECU

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Tonyd

Guys,

Persuant to a seperate thread in the gearbox section where I am seeking the definitive answer to which pin the feed from brake light switch goes into the ECU on a 93 LS400 to enable the gearbox to do its thing, I have now thought of another cunning plan.

I am joint owner of a "snotter" 93 LS 400, which is a good start as the engine and box I need the info for is also a 93. The plan is to get hold of the ECU and plugs from the snotter and hopefully find out which pin/ wire I require through comparison and multimeter play.

Unfortunately the "snotter" is also quite a nice car in good nick so I don't want to wreck the interior by ham fisted attempts to get my mitts on the ECU.

I gave the area concealing the ECU a good dose of looking at yesterday to see if I could get at it easily and came away with the feeling that the area is like Fort Knox.

Therefore the question..........How do I disassemble the passenger side dashboard (its a UK car) to get to the ECU ? There must be a secret way known only to the higher echelon as I couldnt even see any fixings to round off/ snap or generally buggar up that would facilitate access.

Any help on either issue greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Tony