how good are these things?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

nookymonsta

Hey there guys an gals,
seing as this is my first post take it easy on me.
I am and always have been a V8 junkie, however i am sick of bottom end failures on my cast iron dinosaurs.
I've read a bit on the lexus family of engines and the appear quite good as far as strength goes.
But, and the reason for this post, is has anyone really pushed these engines? what sort of revs, boost pressure, and kilowats has been produced?
So far my best effort has been nearly 700hp with a holden 308 using a radically lightened and modified crank and hemi rods but apart from bearing failures i'm sick of replacing headgaskets. (with a +80thou bore there is no room for o-rings)

I have seen one engine in the U.S that was supposedly producing 1500 odd hp with a whipple on it but was unable to find any details

I have a 12-71 moonyham hi-helix blower with teflon and kevlar seals sitting in the garage looking for a new home. Will the 6 bolt main hold it??

P.s this blower is capable of boost pressures over 70psi on a 4 litre engine and can flow about 2200hp worth of air.

The 1UZ-Fe will rev to 10,000 safely. 8,000 is real safe.

1,200hp seems a figure that is achievable but you would be good at doing rebuilds.

The bottom end will take 1,000hp reliably.

The biggest shortcoming is the small capacity to start with and the lack of go-fast gear for them.

Getting hp seems to revolve around blowers so you are looking in the right direction.

Exhaust is critical followed by cams. Cams are a never ending quest for our members.

I know of one 1UZ-powered vehicle in the 'States which was running approx. 2000 HP (albeit with a number of top end and piston mods), on a stock bottom-end. (This link might help - http://innotech.www.50megs.com/LE1.html
With a forged steel crank and a webbed, X-bolted block, there isn't much that needs doing to the bottom end of a 1UZ...
I did read about someone in Australia who did a turbo'd 1UZ which was supposedly running at around 600+Hp on completely stock internals. Several others (on this site) have FI 1UZs in various states of tune...

Short answer is, you won't find a better base engine for high-HP builds.

Powerhouse is now AEC - they build the bullet supercars which have a 1UZ, they call it something else as it has had a few modifications http://www.bulletcars.com/

Advanced Engine Components
14 Energy St Malaga 6090 (08) 9209 6900

If u are in or near Perth another company to see is Mark out at Marks Workshop. He would be one of the best around for blower installations and is def. someone to talk to.

MARK'S WORKSHOP
20 Maxwell St York 6302 (08) 9641 2305