horrible noise identification...?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

zen

i know ..near on impossible to diagnois on here...but..

on heavy power..not always..but say at 5000rpm on full boost i get a hidious noise..at first thought it was severe pinking (knock)..but now i dont..(the engine aint blown up yet!!lol!!)

sounds like a cog rubbing on metal.(thought it might be s/c pulley rubbing.but no.)..or extreme knock or w.t.f??

only clue is the tacho jumps around when it happens.(i think)
sometimes it coincides with poer loss,sometimes with power gain!!

i cant find anything wrong..any ideas cos i am stumped..???

Not sure if it will reveal anything, but strap a cell phone underhood recording video and see if you can see anything going on (don't leave in long, the heat will kill it!)

C'mon Zen, you can do better than that; I've seen your posts in the past. But this one is like something my wife would say "My engine is making a funny noise; what's wrong?"

Get it isolated man, at least to the top end or bottom end. I realise it'll be difficult at full power & full boost, but there's not much keyboard troubleshooting that can be done without more specifics.

Shot in the dark here: look for belt slippage and/or a dampner that's getting ready to fail or fall off.

Yes i no..impossible

looking really for ideas on how to find!.no noise untill ragging it..

Cant afford rolling road at moment.

So open to any suggestions..

Its not pulleys..

Sounds ignition related to me.
You say the tacho acts up and you can hear pinking/knocking when the problem occurs especially when you're driving hard?

Check igniters and their plugs are secure.

Cut an oil filter open, and see if any junk in it..
If not.. It's external;)

Lol....

No it aint that type of noise...might av to rig up a nic on a magnet and try that on varoius places..