Hilux with 1UZFE and Link won't start now

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Mattmannz

After being away for 3 weeks I just in the Hilux and it fires up first time as usual.

After idling for a minute or so I go to take off and it starts to run really rough as if it's only on a couple of cylinders and eventually stalls.

It won't restart but whilst it's cranking it sounds like it's about to catch occassionally but doesn't

I don't have any way of monitoring the Link at the moment.

Any suggestions on how to check spark? Can you pull each plug and leave it sitting on the motor to check for spark?

Cheers
Matt.

Thanks Muzza.

I thought I had read somewhere that you could potentially damage the electronics by running a plug like that so wanted to check before I did so.

I haven't cracked the injector lines but there is definitely fuel leaving the pump.

After some constant cranking without firing would you expect the plugs to be wet?

Cheers
Matt.

Matt What model link do you have. generally the base maps are very rich so I would expect you have fowled spark plugs. I never fire a new link up without the laptop or hand controller attached. I drop the master fuel on every one we start. Cheers Kelvin

Thanks Kelvin.

I haven't opened my Link yet to see what model it is, it's been in and running for a couple of years so it's an existing install that has been okay till now.

Cheers
Matt.