Hilux Pickup 2.2 Petrol Needs A Lex V8

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

gupster

hi all,

Got my first question of many.

Now decided the only way to go is a lexus 1UZfE V8 in my hilux pickup. Its a 1987 2.2 petrol, 4Y engine.

First question looking at buying the engine and ECU first, what should i look out for or anything i really need to know?

I Would like to match this to my origional gearbox but ive heard this is normally done to the diesel box?

thanks,

Adam

Just trying to get my head round whats what at the miniute. Is there anywaher online that have pre made conversion kits for this swap? Just so i can get a idea of the parts envolved.

After speaking to a few people thay have also said it quite straight forward.

So far ive heard if this being done to the standard deisel hiluxs, need to know if it is as simple to do to the petrol or if i am better off getting the diesel running gear.

thanks

Hey adam its Philip(BADLUXV8),

Dont think i have forgotten about you're conversion, i was running around the wreckers last tuesday and saw a an 87' 4Y 4x4 hilux. I will try get back and get some photo's and take some measurements and see how different they are from the later model hilux's......pretty sure the engine mounts are in the same place on the chassis so far. and the firewall looks very similar.

Philip

Cheers mate, handy you found one. Didnt realise the crappy 4Y 2.2 version got out your way!

Would be a great help if you could have a look and compare what diffrence it would make to the conversions you have been doing.

Hopefully i will get a post nack say it will make it even eaiser :)

Cheers,

yeah they made 4Y hilux's here but mainly in the 2WD models i think. one of my mates had a 4Y 4X4 hilux which i thought was pretty cool. It was even the same colour as yours. great for taking up the bush hunting and stuff