Hilux 1UZFE cooling questions

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Nemesis, try 1st gear, low range, long up hill.
In other words low speed, high revs, high load.

I bet it will still get hot, even if not during winter with cold days it will in summer on 40 deg days. Althought it will not be as bad as with the lux rad.

Mattmannz said:
Nice looking truck!

How did you get on for mounting the rad? Are the inlet and outlet in the correct position?

Cheers
Thanks mate.

I simply bolted it to the front firewall/apron by drilling new holes etc, simple. And i got the inlet and outlets modified to have bends, but they are in the correct position already.

Guts:
Yeah I drove up a steep twisty road here the other night in 1st at mid-high revs and it worked it's way up to 95deg.

Finally got around to checking out my rad this weekend.

It's a cross flow radiator with a core of 540w 450h and 45d.

Interestingly the hose from the thermostat outlet goes to the drivers side tank at the top and the other hose goes to the passenger side tank on the bottom.

Is this reversed?

Anyone else running a sideflow?

Cheers
Matt.

Thanks Muzz.

What fan(s) are you running on it? That's a good price on that radiator.

I see that your thermostat will go to the drivers lower side and the other to the passenger top which is the reverse of mine.

If the radiator is plumbed incorrectly will that cause overheating?

Cheers
Matt.

The 1UZ like most Toyota petrols draw through the thermostat, it's not the outflow of hot coolant like a lot of traditional motors. So the thermostat hose should go to the bottom of the radiator. The other hose is the outlet, and hence goes to the top of the radiator.

Attachments

• HPIM0131.JPG
    HPIM0131.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 50
Thanks Nemesis.

So my appears to be connected incorrectly - is this likely to cause water flow or heating issues?

I could see how in a traditional top to bottom flow radiator that this might make a difference but in a side flow is it as critical?

Is it worth getting the tanks correctly setup?

Cheers
Matt.

I think ideally you want the motor to draw coolant from the bottom of the radiator no matter what. But i'm no expert so I can't say how it'll effect your temp for certain.