hey, new to the forum, had a general question

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

urbancustoms

i just pulled out my 2jz and im looking to do the v8 swap. i searched the forums and im still kind of confused as to which motor is which. i know there is the 1ufze, 2ufze, 3ufze, 4ufze. can someone explain to me which ones come out of which car and what years they were made in. i basically am looking for a obd1 easily swapable package. i notice one motor stuck out of the engine bay. is that the case for all the motor swaps. thanks a bunch

ray

1uzfe (first and second generation SC400, LS400 and GS400)
2uzfe (Tundra, Sequoia and V8 4Runner) its iron block with 2 bolt main and this one will stick out of the hook
3uzfe (LS430, SC430 and GS430)

OBDI would be 1uzfe and you should get SC400 because of the oil pan configuration.

thanks soo much. i actually found a oil filter list which showed all the engine models but it still wasnt as detailed as you were. i appreciate it. i will actually be purchasing the 1uz pretty soon i hope and i will start with the conversion. i will definetly keep this posted aswell.

best regards
Ray

I assume you are going to go FI on your 1UZ? If you are, you should take a look at a group buy we are having for custom forged pistons. they will be made to work with a Chevy 327 rod. I plan to use an eagle H beam rod which is ratted at 1200 HP with the ARP bolts. This group but would be a great if you plan on building your 1UZ for high horse power. In any case, keep us updated, we love to see projects progress.

Link to the piston info - http://lextreme.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3802

thanks ill look into it. just a general question for you guys since you know much more than i do about the 1uz. i came from the 2jz world and its different in its own ways. how much is a average price for the motor and harness. i will be using the aem for the supra which i heard plugs right into the 1uz harness so i wont need the original ECU obviously. i have see the motor for about 1k. is that a good price. i will be mating a w58 supra 5 spd because i am not fond of the top end 6 spd.

There are many threads about W58 or 6 speed swap.... $1000 is too high for the 1uzfe. U should budget it around about $375 to $450 usd. Try a local classified ad on Parting Out LS400 or SC400 or ebay. Oil pan of choice would be 1992-1996 SC400. SC400 have rear oil sump and would be a direct fit into your Supra. You can get LS400 1uzfe, but you would need a rear oil sump. LS400 and all other models (Lexus or Toyota) have front oil sump.

Lextreme said:
There are many threads about W58 or 6 speed swap.... $1000 is too high for the 1uzfe. U should budget it around about $375 to $450 usd. Try a local classified ad on Parting Out LS400 or SC400 or ebay. Oil pan of choice would be 1992-1996 SC400. SC400 have rear oil sump and would be a direct fit into your Supra. You can get LS400 1uzfe, but you would need a rear oil sump. LS400 and all other models (Lexus or Toyota) have front oil sump.
wow thanks the only motor ive seen on ebay went for 999 buy it now. i didnt know they go for that price. the problem is im used to seeing prices of a couple thousand for the 2jz. so its a whole different ball park.

so basically i need a 1uzfe with the sc400 pan and motor mounts and it should be a direct fit?

is the sc400 harness the same as the ls and gs400 harness.

Attachments

• DSC02274.jpg
    DSC02274.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 2
  • DSC02282.jpg
    DSC02282.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 1
GS400 for sure would be very different because its OBDII VVTi. In general the SC400 & LS400 is very very close but there are slight different in the ECU pins....

so im better off probably buying a full sc400 motor and harness. if i buy the ls motor than i will have to find a new harness and oil pan which will be hard i would assume.

harness is similar but ecu plugs totally different

best get a set so u have less headaches

id rather spend 200 bucks more to get right thing than have headaches

for 1800 i can get a complete set engine loom gbox all ecus

i have some sort of looms here but i would not even use them on my car

i also have an ls400 ecu spare