Help/ideas

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

dooleysl

Finally the car run (sort of), no power at injectors but with a live across starts and runs but shuts down after 5 seconds.

Don't seem to be getting 12v on pin 14 (neutral start switch)? Would this be the cause of power to injectors and why engine is shutting down when running with the seperate feed.

Any ideas or help appreciated

Update.......

With power on pin 14, starter constantly spins!

Disconnected throttle sensor etc and car ran for longer and ticked over at around 700rpm, still then shuts down.

Going to check sensors and then reconnect them and try again

Any ideas/experience welcome

Going to try another ECU just in case...does anyone know the differences in codes the one in the car is 89661-50350 my spare is 89661-50251, dont want to plug it in and have more issues

Wiring problem... Black/orange wire on the injectors should be wired to a 12V IGN feed as the switching for the injector pulse is by earth return via the ECU

Use Toyodiy to identify the ECUs

Was unable to read ecu codes with a bulb from socket in engine, have had a diagnostic kit plugged in and it appears I have no power at the socket??

The search continues................

Was unable to read ecu codes with a bulb from socket in engine, have had a diagnostic kit plugged in and it appears I have no power at the socket??

The search continues................

You're missing a 12v feed to one of the black/red wires that are in one of the plugs at the end of the wiring harness near the ECU plugs.

If you engine is a '94 then the 89661-50251 ECU is the one that should work. The 89661-50350 is a late '96 ECU and is possibly immobilised, the same number on the ECU I have here that does the same as yours, allows the engine to start a couple of times then dies after about five seconds.

A bit more info, having spoken to Lexus this morning they confirm the ECU originally in the car was a 89661-310, which they say was replaced by 89661-350 (in car now) and subsequently by .....351.

Which they say means the engine should run....checked the diagnostic socket on engine and it doesn't have a connector in W? If it is immobilised is there a way to bypass the circuit or fool it into thinking all is ok?

So near but yet so far......

Any ideas???? Are the ECU pin outs different? If all else fails might have to pull the loom/ecu out of the spare parts car, at least I have heard that one running.

Thanks for any help/ suggestions

The 89661-350. The other ECU wont fire it up (Struggles to turn over). Concerned about damaging something, dont want to fit another starter motor!

The 89661-350. The other ECU wont fire it up (Struggles to turn over). Concerned about damaging something, dont want to fit another starter motor!

OK, you're having the exact same problem as I had.
The ECU you're using in the video is immobilised. Plug in your other ECU, but snip and swap over the IGT1 & IGT2 wires on the 34 pin plug (pins 24 & 25) they are yellow and black red. The engine will now fire and run as normal.

Then when it's all finished, take a run over to south Wales and buy me a pint! :D

No problem, happy to help.
I'm just starting my tenth 1UZ conversion, so I've encountered and figured out most of the problems asscociated with the different ECUs.