Heathcote drag raceing

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

krayn

Hi Guys,
Is anyone on the forum here intend on running there vehicle at Heathcote park raceway in Victoria(http://www.heathcoteraceway.com.au/).
Im only about 20 mins away and intend on seing what my current set up runs like down the quarter before I start any mods. Aiming for the 6th feb. This is a test and tune day and I think it cost about $40 to race for the day. Would like to hear from any one who is interested. Cheers Kris........

thats where mine will be towards the end of the year once its FINALLY on the road.
i'll let you know then incase you wanna go back to see where your at. :)

it'll be a 1UZ in an FJ sedan. hoping for mid 14's.
i've ran my V6 VN Commy there b4 and got 16.19.

i'd like to be there for the chance to see you're car run, went through shepparton today and saw a sign for heathcote, miles away from Geelong but if i've still got my XG i may run that for a comparason to the 1UZ transplant. will you have changed the diff ratio by then?

I will still have the 3.08 ratio diff. I would like to have time difference between the different mods, ie change to 4.11 ratio and then High stall and shift kit...

krayn said:
I will still have the 3.08 ratio diff. I would like to have time difference between the different mods, ie change to 4.11 ratio and then High stall and shift kit...
hi again Kris thanks for answering in your'e other posts too, i plan to go with 3.45 as it will only cost $500 to have them supplied and fitted to my diff. still looking for a way around shift probs which as you say went to dash then back to computer, obviously you didn't have ISSUES here. as you stated they are very Quiet V8s sound a bit like a rover SDI 3500V8 the one i'm looking at has a VN 5litre cat and muffler.

any guesses on QTR time as is, my guess is 16.3 @ 80mph in the current state

The ute weighs in at 1370 kg, so Im hopeing for mid to low 15, but I really want to go out and have fun, yack to others on what they have done.
At this stage I havent any great issues on getting the auto to work and change. The only prob is it changeing too soon but I think this is a programming issue contained withing the stock e prom values.

krayn said:
The ute weighs in at 1370 kg, so Im hopeing for mid to low 15, but I really want to go out and have fun, yack to others on what they have done.
a falcon ute would weigh the same i reckon, i might try to run my XG 4.0 six cyl at calder maybe as soon as this Friday night and then run the lexus powered XF soon after assuming i buy it of course

deankdx said:
on QTR time as is, my guess is 16.3 @ 80mph in the current state

easily get that.
like said b4... i've run my VN at heathcote before and managed 16.19 .... now this is stock apart from cat-back exhaust and CAI.
fairly heavy car...1300-1400kgs? and with stock 3.08 diff.
stock the engine is 127kW @ the engine.

any "stockish" 1UZ should be able to hit 15's.... even 14's in a light conversion.

thefastj said:
any "stockish" 1UZ should be able to hit 15's.... even 14's in a light conversion.
i'll be testing you're theory soon as i've decided to buy this car i've been talking about 1UZ XF falcon 2.92LSD takes off like a standard falcon auto upto 2500rpm then gets going strong out of a crown

deankdx said:
i'll be testing you're theory soon as i've decided to buy this car i've been talking about 1UZ XF falcon 2.92LSD takes off like a standard falcon auto upto 2500rpm then gets going strong out of a crown
unfortunately i won't be able to test the theory with 2.92 diff as it blew up, its now getting 3.45 so that should make a huge difference as it already took off fairly good. i think kris may just dip into the 15s with the 3.08 ratio as after testing mine in thrash mode it welnt quite fast with 2.92 once moving. not long and we'll find out. i wonder if mine will break traction on take off with 3.45LSD???

I didnt get to the drags today. On the way there is started to miss under load. I hope it is a fuel pump issue. I am going to make a surge tank and hope this fixes problem. When free reving engine is ok but breaks down under load. Sounds like fuel but im still getting air in my return fuel line. Not happy at all. been looking forward to this for months. Why does it have to give trouble right at the last minute...............

Kris
any plans for a trip down to calder on a friday night? (when its not rained out of course)
mine will end up getting there eventually, 3.45LSD definatly no wheel spin for me, got a few things to sort out also

Dean

hello chris good to hear that you got the ute going still working on mine not far off got a 2 1/2 inch pipe single cat and two mufflers on it ..diff ratio are nom 3.2 on lexus..mine is a 3.7 ...

Calder Park Drags

Hi all,
Is anyone here interested in going to calder this friday night, being 25 feb, to the off street drags. At this stage Im going for a run down there and see how the ute goes. Would like to catch up with fellow Lextremers. Kris.

krayn said:
Hi all,
Is anyone here interested in going to calder this friday night, being 25 feb, to the off street drags. At this stage Im going for a run down there and see how the ute goes. Would like to catch up with fellow Lextremers. Kris.
at this stage it looks possible i may be able to get down there and have a run or two? i'd love to see yours also, just got to keep it available and see what happens, i cant plan for crap, so if i'm there i'll look for a blue HT ute and come for a chat

deankdx said:
at this stage it looks possible i may be able to get down there and have a run or two? i'd love to see yours also, just got to keep it available and see what happens, i cant plan for crap, so if i'm there i'll look for a blue HT ute and come for a chat
you can now count me OUT, my car has a BAD vibration from around 80km/h which i suspect must be universals, only happens when crising or accelerating but goes awwy when you back off acellerator. hope its OBVIOS cos i hate guessing about problems but i suspect unis. FIRST the diff next tailshaft? lets stop here.