Headers for my 1uzfe swap.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

kameleon25

I am doing a 1uzfe swap into my 85 celica gt-s. There have been a few others that have done this swap and the main thing they say is that the drivers side manifold exits direct center of the steering shaft. Since I am looking at having to at a minimum modify the stock manifold I thought I might as well look at actual better flowing options. My searches lead me to the 2uz tundra "headers" on ebay. I prefer not to have chinese junk on my car if I can help it so I got to looking at summit racing and found these: http://www.summitracing.com/parts/BIG-91730FLT/?rtype=10. I don't care about stainless steel or anything so the black is fine, plus it is easier to weld to! Where does these kind of headers exit as opposed to stock 1uz manifolds? My engine came out of a 94 LS400 if that matters any. Are these any shorter? I figure I should be able to cut the flange area off and use some pipe to bend around the steering column and put the flange back behind that some. Should that work? I hate to spend $200+ on a set of headers that for sure won't work when I could put that $ toward modifying the existing manifolds.