Header Flange Drawings available for download!

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

cebby

UPDATE: Please see this post for drawings thanks to DaveAus.

Special thanks to Mudman for providing CAD drawings of 1UZ header flanges. You can take these drawings to either a waterjet cutter or CNC laser cutter for them to cut these out for you. Mudman provided AutoCAD 2000 drawings in metric. I've converted this drawing to 2004 DWG, R12 DXF and printed a 1:50 PDF. I also converted the metric drawing to decimal inches and provided the same file formats.

Mudman used 10mm plate (3/8") for his flanges.

Metric
  • 1:50 PDF
  • R12-DXF
  • R2000 DWG
  • R2004 DWG

Inch
  • Half scale PDF
  • R12 DXF
  • R2000 DWG
  • R2004 DWG

*And now, the CYA: Use these at your own risk. There are no guarantees neither expressed nor implied as to the accuracy of this information. These drawings cannot be sold for profit.

Last edited by a moderator:
These drawnings are for one time use only. Cebby and Mudman spent lot of time on this. Please respect their work and effort. Please DO NOT produce these flanges for profit. With respect of their work and intellectual property, please contact them privately. We greatly appreciate their work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mudman deserves the lion's share of the credit - he did the research and the original drawing. I just did some utility work with the conversions and hosting. (but I completely share David's sentiments :deal: )

The reason I stated that because there few copy cats out trying to make few quick bucks and get priceless information from this site and turn around to make profit for themself.

From a former engineer geek's view point, this is the coolest thing to come from these forums ever.

Great job and applause for the effort.

Mine were water-cut from 10mm plate steel (3/8").

Watercutting gives a very neat & tidy finish and is probably as accurate to the drawing as you can get. But the vertical cut through the steel is on a very slight taper.
For example: An 11mm diameter hole will be 11mm diameter on one side of the steel, and around 10.5mm on the other.

There is enough tollerance on these drawings to compensate for this and the finished flanges should fit snuggly over the studs.

They fitted perfectly on my engine, but for your own piece of mind I suggest you print them onto a piece of paper to a 1:1 scale and cut them out, then fit them up to your engine just to be sure.

Just to add on the waterjet cutting, the higher quality setting you have them cut at, the less taper (but more cost). Waterjet cutting is based on run-time of the machine, slower higher quality cuts cost more. But you could run the outside at a lower quality setting and the holes/ports at 5 (5 is the highest - at least for the machines I'm familiar with).

I have a couple of sample pieces (not the flanges) currently - one at Q4, one at Q5. There is slight gouging in the cut edge on the Q4 piece vs the Q5 piece. Generally what I've seen is a 20% cost deduct for dropping one quality level. Sorry, can't do pics to show it - pesky confidentiality agreement.

I am using essentially stock LS400 manifolds, but I had to have my driver's side one modified for steering shaft clearance in my Celica. And as luck would have it, the rear port on the driver's side (right where it had to be cut and re-welded) is leaking a bit. It pops like a tractor under load. I found a company that makes a great header gasket, but they don't list one for the Lexus motor.

http://www.remflex.com/

I sent them a custom gasket request and expect to hear back soon on a price quote. I have not (and will not) send them this CAD drawing. I know the kind of work that goes into something like that. but I was thinking though that if Mudman and/or Chebby needs a set of high quality header gaskets, they could cut a deal with these guys, and Remflex could add 1UZ gaskets to their catalog for the rest of us. Maybe work a deal to Lextreme members?? I can live with my leak for a bit, but I want it foxed before I bring my car to California.

Gary M.

This is great; I hope that in the (near) future that there are even more files available to share amongst ourselves for the sake of performance/hotrodding.

I work with prototypes daily, and we have had discussions about what the future holds now that CNC machinery is becoming more common and less expensive to operate. What is agreed is that the value will likely be more in the information and not so much in the production as in years past.

Good work gents.

Ill agree with that.
While not for metal working. There is an increasing number of small, low end (cheap) 2D & 3D router machines for wood working.
Better yet, the DIY CNC movement is finally taking hold. Lotta people are starting to use avalible parts, servos & controls. Software, free plans & materials to build their own CNC routers.
There have been afew people take things like the cheap $400-600 harbor freight mini mill, and convert it to servo drive without a software.

Neat things you can do for a grand, or so.

I've seen afew of the routers turned into plasma cutters too, but they start getting out of hand expencive for what most homebodies would ever do.

Let me check with the folks that do my cutting. Their primary business is making hight tech gaskets for the steel industry. I know they do some various types of graphite impregnated materials now. They might have the same material sitting on the shelf...

Just let me know what they want for a pair of gaskets. As long as the cost is not silly, count me in for a pair. Another possibility, is Remflex may sell bulk material, if your guys can cut it out. From the description, it sounds like a good utility knife will cut this stuff.

Gary M.

I am interested the cat gaskets. This is a pain from the oem. They are not reuseable. If they can make the cat gaskets then I am interested in few pairs.

Cebby I have the dwg for these..just need to upload it(just got some made) these are the tri flanges that come off the headers..will try upload it..hope this helps..bar It won't..wrong extention..can i email someone with these to put the website..?