Header collector question?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

cjsupra90

Maybe someone could shed some light here.

I was thinking about my the collectors that I will be building for my headers for my supra swap and am curious about something. I know that with open headers, it has been found that megaphone style collectors and more megaphones with reverse cones make better power then just a straight open collector. Now my curiousity is that I wonder if there is any benifit to doing this while using full exhaust?????? If no benifit, would it hurt power by doing it? If it doesn't hurt power, then I might do it anyways being that is should benifit if I were to run open headers say at the track or something.

if you where to use a large pipe after the megaphone wouldnt it be 'Like' open headers from a fluids point of view?

if you where to use a large pipe after the megaphone wouldnt it be 'Like' open headers from a fluids point of view?

Possibly but my knowledge of it is not quite up to par. My thoughts are that unless the rest of the exhaust has absolute atmospheric conditions in it then it wouldn't be "like" open headers.