Project Thread Harrop HTV1900 Supercharger (Eaton TVS) 1999 Hilux Project

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Mechanical art...

WOW... that is the most b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l-l piece of mechanical artwork ive seen in a loooooong time... It is superb, and i'm sure Mr Lexus would be very proud that someone had done something like what you have done to one of his motors... :)

WOW... that is the most b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l-l piece of mechanical artwork ive seen in a loooooong time... It is superb, and i'm sure Mr Lexus would be very proud that someone had done something like what you have done to one of his motors... :)

BTW mr tuf lux.... what do you think of the 3 speeder ?

Haha thanks, well I am proud to own one of his engines. :D

The 3 speed auto works like a dream, revs a lil bit cruising along the highway, but it got driven to the dyno tuner the other week which is well over an hour drive both ways, without a problem at all.

i like the new mods. Looks good.
The new intake tubing you have now (the chromed one vs the blue one) - did you fabricate it or buy it?
cheers
peter

Thanks again.

The alloy pipe come with the throttle body setup which I brought from a member off of this forum. We just polished and modified it to suit my setup.

Well guys, just thought I would share my little 10seconds of fame video of the Hilux. This is taken from the One HD tv show of the event.

Not sure how many of you's on here are actually familiar with our Winternationals. But it is described as the largest annual drag racing meet outside of the US, and is our grand finals for the racing season.

With the amount of racers and talent that come from all over Australia, and overseas, it is a major achievement to just make it past the first round of racing. This was my first time actually competing in this event as I am usually crewing for a friend.

After the first attempt, the meeting was rained out and rescheduled. Well the forecast wasn't the best for the re-run of the event and one of the 3 days was wasted due to rain, again. But was a good weekend and eventually made it to race day. Sun shining, car going great and some good racing all round. Somehow I managed to make it all the way through to and past the quarter finals (featured in the link below) and scored myself a bye run into the finals. Unfortunately the rain came back once again as we lined up for the semi finals and the meeting was completely called off this time. But had a great time and can't wait for the new season. Enjoy the vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akMl-uWdNzg

The Hilux is about to undergo its latest round of modifications as I am now following the rising trend and converting to E85, which in my case, involves an entire new fuel system. So I will be sure to post some updates and new pics over the next few weeks.

Nice work, between you and Millsi up there the Hiluxes will start getting a name as the sleeper of choice ;)

E85, you won't look back. Mid range torque gains you'll see from the xtra intake cooling should be pretty substantial.

Nice work, between you and Millsi up there the Hiluxes will start getting a name as the sleeper of choice ;)

E85, you won't look back. Mid range torque gains you'll see from the xtra intake cooling should be pretty substantial.

Thanks guys.

Haha yup, have to beware of those darned work utilities :p

Yeh I am looking forward to seeing the improvements out of just a straight fuel swap. My tuner is hinting to expect some big gains, but I won't get my hopes up until I see the numbers. But it appears I have to pick my game up now anyways to catch up to bloody Millsi' Hilux! haha

thx mate.
as always, sharing the knowledge helps everyone else and is very Australian!
my supercharger is on hold...may not even happen with my LC100 that i bought new in 2005....i may have to sell it and get a 105 and do the Marks Adapters LS1 conversion, but supercharged.
We'll see. 5 months out of work changes your perspective!
Thankfully i am working again so who knows!
cheers
peter

Thought i might update this, was out at the drags last night and saw this go 10.63 at 127!
Got a vid and will post up when i have time to edit it

:D Thanks for that champ. Very much appreciated.

That's the first time I have got to see a decent video of it running.

Good to see James there too, haha. Did he have much to say?