Project Thread Harrop HTV1900 Supercharger (Eaton TVS) 1999 Hilux Project

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Awesome work mate. Love that airbox, is it a PIA to change out the filter? Pod inside?

Thanx mate. Yes I am running a pod filter inside there, and yeh, not exactly as easy as removing a stock type air filter but no where near worth complaining about especially seeing as it does have a nicer look, well I think so anyways. Plus receives alot more airflow as well as cooler air then what the stock airbox for this car did.

I love the attention to detail, top build. Wish my wife would let me pour the funds in to the little details in my engine bay lol. Those hoses/lines must have cost a motsa!

I love the attention to detail, top build. Wish my wife would let me pour the funds in to the little details in my engine bay lol. Those hoses/lines must have cost a motsa!

Thanks again mate. Yeh the need for perfection is actually a bit of a curse, cant stand seeing things certain ways until they are how i want them. Yeh but as long as you are allowed to tip a few funds into the right areas, power being the main, then all is good. Its funny how neck snapping acceleration and tyre melting power can make you forget about everything else... haha. And yes they were not exactly the cheapest things, but it is what I like so have to live with it, aim is for one day to have every hose/line in the engine bay to be in braided line, but plenty of time for that.

about the rocker/valve covers again and sorry....your Lux has blown me away
this is my 4.7L V8 Landcruiser 100 series (LC100)
here
large.jpg

and it's from my old blog here

question is i've seen some 4.7L naked with the Bullet Cars supercharger kit ...and there doesn't appear to be any "eye candy" for the 4.7L V8 in terms of valve/rocker covers.

I know i can get the exhaust...and due to good things that happened today i shall be ordering it. And the Xede piggyback ECU.

But i think it's Chris yes? are you aware of anything for the 2UZ 4.7L coz man i'd love to get the perfection you have and still meet ADRs and EPA emissions.

let me know your thoughts.
cheers
peter

p.s. pm me if you want coz i am serious on this one. I'll truck the LC100 up to Bullet Cars with a digital camera so i can document the build up for a couple of sites. Including this one!

about the rocker/valve covers again and sorry....your Lux has blown me away
this is my 4.7L V8 Landcruiser 100 series (LC100)
here
large.jpg

and it's from my old blog here

question is i've seen some 4.7L naked with the Bullet Cars supercharger kit ...and there doesn't appear to be any "eye candy" for the 4.7L V8 in terms of valve/rocker covers.

I know i can get the exhaust...and due to good things that happened today i shall be ordering it. And the Xede piggyback ECU.

But i think it's Chris yes? are you aware of anything for the 2UZ 4.7L coz man i'd love to get the perfection you have and still meet ADRs and EPA emissions.

let me know your thoughts.
cheers
peter

p.s. pm me if you want coz i am serious on this one. I'll truck the LC100 up to Bullet Cars with a digital camera so i can document the build up for a couple of sites. Including this one!

Thanks again mate. I'm sorry but I cant be of much help for you there, have had no experience with the 2UZ's and not sure what is interchangeable with the 1UZ's as far as the bling parts are concerned. But then again the majority of showy bits on mine are either just cleaned up factory items or custom parts. I'm sure someone on here may be able to help you though. Just depends what sought of look you are after as Bullet seem to produce a more clean factory type look, whereas I have changed all the stuff in my engine bay to suit my own personal tastes and gone for the more flashy/bling look.

top effort... looks fantastic.

what mods did u have on it when it pulled 167kws?

i have a 3" exhaust, extractors and pod... and only managed to pull 137kw's. Thats on 31" tyres tho

top effort... looks fantastic.

what mods did u have on it when it pulled 167kws?

i have a 3" exhaust, extractors and pod... and only managed to pull 137kw's. Thats on 31" tyres tho

Thanks mate. Just the basic stuff then, twin 2.25" into single 2.5" exhaust, extractors, pod/air intake and the Autronic SM4 ECU.

that is one meannnnnnnnnnnn lux you got there!! very impressive dude!! Awesome workmanship!! I am about to start a project like this in 2 weeks. 1998 extra cab 2wd hilux with same motor, without a supercharger for now.

Well done!

that is one meannnnnnnnnnnn lux you got there!! very impressive dude!! Awesome workmanship!! I am about to start a project like this in 2 weeks. 1998 extra cab 2wd hilux with same motor, without a supercharger for now.

Well done!

Thanx. They are certainly good fun lil toys to drive, especially once you have that instant torque blower pushing the air down the manifold, which without a doubt you wont be able to pull yourself away from as im sure everyone else on here has found. Hope all is going well with your project, good luck!

Thanx. They are certainly good fun lil toys to drive, especially once you have that instant torque blower pushing the air down the manifold, which without a doubt you wont be able to pull yourself away from as im sure everyone else on here has found. Hope all is going well with your project, good luck!

im sure i will have buy some shares in a tyre factory!!! i just wanted to ask a few questions buddy. did u use a 1uz power steering pump or a hilux pump? what did you do with the hydro fan assembly? did u hard wire the ecu in? and last question (for now :p haha) is your motor a rear sump UZZ30 engine? Is there anthing i should look out for while doing this conversion? i'd really appreeciate it if you could answer these :D Regards, steve

im sure i will have buy some shares in a tyre factory!!! i just wanted to ask a few questions buddy. did u use a 1uz power steering pump or a hilux pump? what did you do with the hydro fan assembly? did u hard wire the ecu in? and last question (for now :p haha) is your motor a rear sump UZZ30 engine? Is there anthing i should look out for while doing this conversion? i'd really appreeciate it if you could answer these :D Regards, steve

Haha, yeh the temptation can get a bit that way with the new found power. I used the factory 1UZ power steering pump with my setup. Hydraulic fan pump itself is still on the motor so as to keep the factory belt routing, have just taken all the internals out so its just the pulley and shaft spinning in the bearings if i remember correctly, then you can just block off the inlet and outlet lines to stop any debris getting inside and fill it with some oil if you wanted to help lubricate the bearings as well. As for the ecu, I am running an aftermarket ecu (Autronic SM4) so not sure how different a factory setup is if you are going that way, but all the main stuff was hard wired in to be on the safe side, like the power, ground, etc then all your sensors, warning lights and so on just run to your plug connectors. Mine is a front sump version, have just taken a little bit out the back of the steel part of the sump to clear for the steering. If i remember rightly I couldve used a rear sump engine but they seem to be pretty hard to track down. Castlemaine Rod Shop make, well I think they still do, a rear sump for the 1UZ's, although they are a bit pricey and people say the factory cast alloy sumps help with block rigidity also. Cant really think of anything that is a problem with the hilux conversions, I'm sure if you have a look around on here you will find a bit of info as there has been a few hilux's done now. Only thing I can think of is a spacer plate was used to space the steering box away from the alternator I believe it was, think it was just a 10mm steel plate used to get a bit of clearance. But yeh besides that, just made the engine mounts up off of a CAD drawing that can be found on here and it pretty much just went straight in, wasnt really too many dramas, extractors can be a little bit of a headache to make up if you were going to those lengths? Which gearbox are you intending on using?

thanks for the reply dude! im probably leening towards a Microtech LT-10S, im going to use a R154 out of a JZA70 supra. i am also going to use some block hugger headers from CAE. just thought id ask you some questions so i know what to look out for. This is my first ever big conversion and i just want to make sure i do it right. your conversion inspires me and if my conversion looks anything like yours, I'D BE WRAPPED!! cheers

thanks for the reply dude! im probably leening towards a Microtech LT-10S, im going to use a R154 out of a JZA70 supra. i am also going to use some block hugger headers from CAE. just thought id ask you some questions so i know what to look out for. This is my first ever big conversion and i just want to make sure i do it right. your conversion inspires me and if my conversion looks anything like yours, I'D BE WRAPPED!! cheers

No worries. Should be a good setup when its finished. Yeh, doing a full conversion, especially the first one, its always a bit challenging, but good to do things right the first time rather then having to redo them hey. Thanks alot for the comments bud, always good receiving comments like that on your pride n joy, certainly makes all those spent dollars, long hours, etc worth it. Be sure to put up some pics, info, etc of your project on here so we can have a look how she's going.

i'd just like to say thanks for all the info you have provided here.
i'm still amazed by your engine bay...yes others will go off on everything else...and to be honest it is a very tight HiLux!! from tailgate to grill and well.
What more can i say!

anyway. i posted my LC100 engine bay with a question for you page 3 i think and my question was answered.

given you answered so many questions, i finally got my exhaust system on my LC100 4.7L V8 (manual) and there is an audio link down in there somewhere

http://forum.ih8mud.com/100-series-cruisers/304721-new-exhaust-pics.html

i hope to get my engine bay looking as nice as yours! which is why i asked ya a while back.

enjoy the noise....a video is coming, been away on holidays (vacation)!
take care
peter

i'd just like to say thanks for all the info you have provided here.
i'm still amazed by your engine bay...yes others will go off on everything else...and to be honest it is a very tight HiLux!! from tailgate to grill and well.
What more can i say!

anyway. i posted my LC100 engine bay with a question for you page 3 i think and my question was answered.

given you answered so many questions, i finally got my exhaust system on my LC100 4.7L V8 (manual) and there is an audio link down in there somewhere

http://forum.ih8mud.com/100-series-cruisers/304721-new-exhaust-pics.html

i hope to get my engine bay looking as nice as yours! which is why i asked ya a while back.

enjoy the noise....a video is coming, been away on holidays (vacation)!
take care
peter

no worries peter, thats what this forum is all about after all. thanks alot again for the comments, never get tired of hearing the appreciation for the work and money gone into this project so far.

good to see your beast is coming along well and sounding very tough indeed. these motors would definitely have to be up there with some of the best sounding v8s ever made, such a tough old school note to them but much smoother and refined as mentioned many a time before.

best of luck with your project, keep at it and im sure you will achieve the desired result in the end.

Intercooler upgrade

Well as some of you may have already read on here, I have purchased myself a Bullet intercooler which we are in the midst of installing at the moment so I thought I would give you guys a bit of a sneak peak at the progress and a few more details.

Some of the parts being used in this upgrade:
*Bullet intercooler
*PWR heat exchanger
*Davies Craig thermo fan
*Meziere remote water pump
*Custom alloy reservoir
*All plumbed together with -12 braided nylon hose

Please excuse the average phone pictures...
16052010132.jpg

16052010133.jpg

03102010157.jpg

03102010156.jpg

03102010158.jpg

Supercharged 1UZ-FE

WOW !!!!! Thats all i can say...... that looks like a beautifull job..... its really motivated me to get off my arse and get it done in my LS.... so i'm guessing it all came in under $10,000 ? ....... worth every cent..... :)