Project Thread Harrop HTV1900 Supercharger (Eaton TVS) 1999 Hilux Project

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Looks like a draftsman drew that dyno sheet with a straight edge....

More pics and video please as well as the full details of the install.

Love it well done Chris

Looks like a draftsman drew that dyno sheet with a straight edge....

More pics and video please as well as the full details of the install.

Love it well done Chris

haha, yes i know what you mean, i still cannot get over how smooth the curves are either.

unfortunately i didnt get a chance to clean her up this weekend and get some pics, should be able to this coming weekend though i hope. well put in some installation details then, although there wont be many as it is a pretty basic setup.

thanks again for the compliment

Okay guys.... Finally got a chance to get the old girl all cleaned up for some happy snaps. So have attached below a few pictures of the finished supercharger setup and the ute itself as well as a some brief details of the whole deal.

Car:
-1999 Toyota Hilux Extra Cab Ute
-2002 4WD SR5 Complete Front End Upgrade
-18" FR18 Simmons Wheels
-Sony Stereo Setup & MTX Sub
-Custom Alloy Hardlid
-Reset Leaf Springs & Lowering Blocks, Drop Spindles, Pedders Lowered Shocks All Round
-Innovate G2 Analog Wideband Air/Fuel Ratio, Boost/Vaccum, Water Temperature & Oil Pressure Gauges
-Autometer Level 2 Digital Pro Shift Light

Engine:
-Standard Internals Import 1992 Soarer 1UZ-FE
-Harrop HTV1900 (Eaton TVS) Supercharger With 80mm Pulley 9.5psi
-Bullet High Flow Supercharger Manifold
-Modified Bullet Rear Supercharger Intake
-Qty 9 Bosch 968 42lb 440cc Injectors
-Walbro 255lph High Pressure Intank Fuel Pump
-Autronic SM4
-Twin 2.5" Exhaust With X-Pipe & Hi Flow Cats
-Custom Cermaic Coated Tri-Y Extractors

Driveline:
-Bullet Bellhousing
-Heavy Duty 10in Clutch
-Factory W56 Gearbox (W58 Soon To Be Fitted)
-Standard Hilux Diff Fitted With Torsen LSD & 3.7:1 Diff Gears

Hilux041.jpg

Hilux042.jpg

Hilux040.jpg

Hilux039.jpg

Hilux038.jpg

Hilux029.jpg

Hilux012.jpg

Hilux015.jpg

Hilux023.jpg

Hilux053.jpg

DSC01294.jpg

thanks for all the comments guys... very happy with the finished product... now to start thinking about the next plans for her, haha, ooohhh it just never ends...

BTW, how much you wanna sell it to me for minus the ICE? :)

haha thanx mate... im sure you would know just as well as anyone else here, but you just cant get back what you put into these things... too much time, money and bloody stress, haha

Christ thats clean, i love it. How much higher does the supercharger sit than the factory intake did? It looks quite low slung apart from the supercharger pulley on the front

thanx... the highest point of the supercharger case is pretty much at the same height as what the manifold was, just the pulley and snout hanging out the front that may cause some clearance issues where the bonnet slopes down, especially when it comes time to intercooling, etc

I know this might be a silly question but how is the setup for traction? Do you still have leaf springs of have you changed to a 4-link/coilover setup?

I have a 2wd 1uz hilux with after market cams and valve springs, wolf v500, etc. It was dyno'ed at 180rwkw. After softening the spring quite a bit and getting new 9.5in wide wheels with 275 tyres on them, traction is alot better.... but yours must get a bit crazy..

I know this might be a silly question but how is the setup for traction? Do you still have leaf springs of have you changed to a 4-link/coilover setup?

I have a 2wd 1uz hilux with after market cams and valve springs, wolf v500, etc. It was dyno'ed at 180rwkw. After softening the spring quite a bit and getting new 9.5in wide wheels with 275 tyres on them, traction is alot better.... but yours must get a bit crazy..

Its not really setup for traction at the moment, still just has the standard leaf spring deal. Although the alloy hard lid has helped quiet a bit as there is a bit of weight in the 4mm alloy sheet and the steel tube frame which seems to help keep the tyres held on the road a bit more without much axle hop, etc. But the driveline, suspension, braking, etc is something I am going to be looking into now, so as to try and get it all setup up more practical and reliable to make use of the new found power and the rest that is sure to follow.

But yeh, the old girl was fairly toey before when it only had 167rwkw, so needless to say it is pretty lively now, accelerator is really only there most of the time to determine how much wheelspin you have, haha.

mate on the brake side of things hoppers stoppers make a 330mm front brake kit with 2 spot corvette calipers and DBA discs.. all fittings and brackets... also have a universal rear disc set up available.

rocker covers

mate that is the sweetest looking engine bay! Dumb question - did the engine come with those rocker covers and the billet (i assume) oil knob?

the reason i ask is that i have an LC100 with the 4.7L V8 and will eventually get the supercharger kit from Bullet Cars as well.
thanks
peter

mate that is the sweetest looking engine bay! Dumb question - did the engine come with those rocker covers and the billet (i assume) oil knob?

the reason i ask is that i have an LC100 with the 4.7L V8 and will eventually get the supercharger kit from Bullet Cars as well.
thanks
peter

thanx bud.. yes it did come with those rocker covers, they have just been painted in a 2pac silver paint.. but it did not come with that oil cap, thats just a cap i brought off of ebay and turned the top down and polished it up. just some nice lil finishing touches as compared to the boring old black plastic oil cap and bare alloy covers.