Harmonic Balancer with Nose Drive

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Alan Whitaker

Hi All
Anybody on here drilled and tapped the crank balancer to take a tooth drive pulley, I know Ross down under do one but cost is high. I need to drive a dry sump pump.

Alan

Hi All
Well just got a reply from ATI

"We do not make a damper for that application therefore I do not have one in stock that you could buy right now.

To make something custom the price would start at $900.00 and go up from there."

Lead time is also 60-90 days.

Ricky Hults
Sales Associate

ATI Performance Products, Inc

That just leaves Ross down under to reply

Alan

Hi Arnout,
Can it be made any smaller (dia) and Thinner (width), I only have a 4 rib belt as I only drive the alternator and the pully is close to the turbo exhausts, I also need to fit a 36-1 trigger wheel on as well as the dry sump drive.

Alan

hi alan

fitting a wheel is possible but why dont you go with the UZ vvti wheel (stocker) it is a 36-2.
4 rib is no problem, diameter is neither a problem.

Thanks for that Arnout.

Damper off so I can see where I need to go with the dry sump drive. Definitely need a better damper, I have come up with an idea to solve the drive, on the back of the damper it is about 44mm dia and about 45mm width, I was thinking of sleeving this with a gilmer drive pulley. I can do a pulley of 20t that would bore out and use a pin drive to secure it, this would give me a drive directly below the pulley and would need only a small cut out in the bottom cover.

Not had any thing back from Ross but it looks like they do them for the 1UZFE.
Arnout can you give me soem details of the damper you can do

Alan

Precision Parts in Aust. manuf. "Powerbond" balancers for street and race. Website is www.precisionparts.com.au. The street version P/No: PB1146-ST fits both 1UZ-FE and 2UZ-FE. There are four holes already drilled in the centre, two are tapped (for a removal puller) and the others are not. I drilled and tapped the other two to match, allowing four bolts to mount the spacer and pulley. I am using this to drive a 4-71 blower (not completed yet.)