Guess who is offering a 5.0 liter DOHC 429hp V8?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

JBrady

Very interesting development

Rspec_5_jpg_900x900_q100.jpg

Rspec_20_jpg_900x900_q100.jpg

Rspec_8_jpg_900x900_q100.jpg

Rspec_2_jpg_900x900_q100.jpg

Mitch tuned one of those Hyundai V8's for Rhys Millen's Pikes Peak car, and said it was a real jewel of a motor. Don't know if it was the full 5.0l version or perhaps a bit smaller. Here's a vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqryijuu45I

I'd buy that Genesis over a Toyota/Lexus product, simply because of the styling.

Toyota's engineering and quality are second to none, but at the end of the day they're building nothing but fugly cars now, and who wants to buy a car that's so ugly it hurts to look at it?

The Genesis is a blatant bimmer knock off, but then so is the latest Buick. Both look great, and certainly much better than anything coming out of Toyota's styling studio.

Mitch tuned one of those Hyundai V8's for Rhys Millen's Pikes Peak car, and said it was a real jewel of a motor. Don't know if it was the full 5.0l version or perhaps a bit smaller. Here's a vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqryijuu45I

I'd buy that Genesis over a Toyota/Lexus product, simply because of the styling.

Toyota's engineering and quality are second to none, but at the end of the day they're building nothing but fugly cars now, and who wants to buy a car that's so ugly it hurts to look at it?

The Genesis is a blatant bimmer knock off, but then so is the latest Buick. Both look great, and certainly much better than anything coming out of Toyota's styling studio.

WORD. lol hahahah

Keep in mind that the current HP specs are lower than in 2005.
The 2005 3uzfe in the LS430 was rated 290hp while the identical engine in 2006 was rated 278hp for a diff of 4.3%. Not sure how linear this is but 429hp today is closer to 450hp in 2005. Even more perspective is the 1990 1uzfe rated at 250hp is in reality more like 225hp... so... this engine has nearly twice the output! It also has 376lb/ft and in house all new 8 speed automatic.

That said the Ford Coyote 5.0 is rated 411hp but on powerblock TV put down something like 465hp with the factory exhaust headers and factory air cleaner with factory computer without tuning.

So, what are engines really making?

I remember the 2001 Q45 rated at 340hp was not quicker than the 2001 LS430 rated at 290hp and slower than the 2006 LS430 rated 278hp.

Bottom line is performance for the power and weight.

Keep in mind what the Nissan GT-R can do with "only" 475hp.

Last edited:
I know Hyundai is aiming to compete with the top luxury offerings but at the end of the day the interior of the Equuis is still VERY hyundai...

BTW, how come we havent brought the IS-F's 416hp 371tq 5.0L into the discussion? Its well within the outputs of both ford and hyundai's offerings...

The Genesis sedan is the best car that money can buy ever. Last year, I rented a new Genesis and it's awesome. It's powerful, roomy, all real leather, styling attractive for exterior and interior, smooth, quiet, and has nice electronic features such as GPS, moonroof, heated mirrors, heated seats, electric seat adjustment...etc.

The only thing that I'm not real satisfied is its steering power. It seems a little harder on a luxury car to steer. It could have been due to a rental car that people didn't really take care of, hitting curbs..etc.

You need to drive it to appreciate it. I'd jump on it over any luxury sedans.

I know Hyundai is aiming to compete with the top luxury offerings but at the end of the day the interior of the Equuis is still VERY hyundai...

BTW, how come we havent brought the IS-F's 416hp 371tq 5.0L into the discussion? Its well within the outputs of both ford and hyundai's offerings...

Because it's a ISF lol

Because it's a ISF

I agree that the car is ugle but im referring to the the engine under the hood. There have been 3 brand new DOHC 5.0L DOHC v8's that all have relatively the same factory ratings. Ford's Coyote puts down 412bhp + 390btq. Hyundai's Tau puts out 429bhp +376btq and Toyota's 2ur-gse puts down 416bhp and 371btq. Toyota set the bar a few years before the other 2 released their competition but is still pretty close. Also, the 2UR has an 8 speed trans and it has been rumored that a stock IS-F can reach 200mph with the stock limiter removed. If only the IS had more of an original, curvy Lexus design, I would have taken a closer look. The Buick Regal looks exactly like the S with its side skirts.. but with more "elder" connotations :).