GT3582 t3 exhaust too small for single?

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

sbautoworks

Hey guys, I've got a GT35 .82ar with a t3 exhaust side. I've seen similar setups with this size turbo on a few twin turbo 1uzs but never just a single. I'm worried that this might be too small of a turbo and might choke to motor out. The current plans are low boost (5-6psi) and general streetability, so if I loose just the very top end that'd be ok but I don't want to bottleneck the whole flow.

Turbine wheel is too small really
It will makes gobbs of power down low.. And power will fall over fairly quickly

.82 is sized nicely for a 7M. Go with the 1.06 as suggested. You will have a very broad powerband.

Ok so if this sized turbo stops making power over 5500rpms or so, what other negative things would I see from running this one right now? If it's too small, what are the effects of that?

Apart from falling over in power early, it will likely surge pretty bad down low. It'll also be so responsive it could feel pretty average to drive eg at cruise it'll be on and off boost at the slightest pedal change which will get annoying real fast.

Stop being a tight arse and just buy the right housing :) housings are cheap and you can flog your one on to someone else

I have found engines with incorrect sized turbos on the small size tend to boost spike more, often requiring bigger wastegates than what is normally required to conrtol the boost. Also had them fail prematurely, generally with carbon build up in the core even with plenty of oil changes with good oil.
We have fitted bigger , more suitable sized turbos and made more power , with boost coming on sooner and being much better to drive.
I like having the smallest turbo that can make the required power but there is such a thing as too small with turbos. Correct sizing is very important if you want it to run correctly.

Cheers

Ok, I've got a chance to get a Master Power T70 .96 A/R, exact specs as this (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Master-Powe...pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr)

from what I understand this would be sufficient for the 1uz correct?

This is a T04 turbine housing.. Imo for single on 4.0 engine is better than T3 esp with engine mods..

It will take a little longer to spool BUT won't come on with a rush if wastegate is set up correct..Better power band..Which is subjective..
The 64mm M/P would do what you want also..
Too much back pressure can lead to detonation and heat build up...

right hand bearing is GT25 on a 3L. Slightly expensive miss-matched turbo descision...

supra967-albums-my-70-2-picture50563-bearings.jpg

I ended up going with a new Magnum T4 T70 after speaking with the old distributor of Master Power turbos and learning that he's now behind Magnum turbos (still manufactured in Brazil) and speaking with him about my application (drift car S14, low to mid 300s at wheels)

Exact specs are:

MG Center Cartridge Options: Journal Bearing
MG Compressor Wheel Options: MG 70mm
MG Housing Options: .68 a/r
MG Turbine Wheel Options: P-Trim 64.5mm

You went away from a BB Turbo to a sleeve bearing turbo ??

Im running a GT3582R on my RB25 Neo and it is ideal for a daily..
First had the GT3076R on and it was spectacular-380Nm at 3300 Rpm- but totally un driveable...Both had .64 A.R. Turbines..

Well I went from a used turbo that was too small, and could use a rebuild, to a brand new turbo with a factory warranty that is more properly matched for my power goals and application.