GS400 Brake pedal soft.

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Spinnetti

Hi gang, did a full systems swap from a 99'GS into my 91LS. I'm having a problem with the brake pedal being soft. I've bled them 5 times now. Is there some trick with the hydro booster? It stops, but pedal travel is really long which is a confidence buster on the race track. I can't adjust the plunger per manual due to the swap - "At rest" the plunger lines right up with the hole with the pedal on the stop (that's right isn't it, or do I need to adjust the plunger a little longer than that?)

Thanks.

Thanks for the followup; what did you do to sort it? I had the opposite problem - the brake pedal in my Supra was too hard, and a new brake booster sorted that out.

Ya, bad booster makes the pedal all kinds of hard. I put fresh pads on and once bedded and brakes bled a bunch of times it was "OK". Toyota brakes are just way too mushy for my taste which shakes my confidence on track - Plus, ABS isn't working (don't know why yet) so it was killing my lap times. If I can't find a bigger master that will bolt on, I'll probably change the pedal linkage (pivot point) so it takes less pedal push to move the pushrod - that and fix the abs. Since its a hybrid swap I might have gotten one or more of the abs sensors wired the wrong polarity (not sure if that matters or not)

I did get this solved properly. Was another screwup on my part. Turns out the caliper had loosened up a bit at the race previous so was moving around. Once bolted down tightly again it was fine. Dang, these stupid mistakes are killin me.