goodbye license

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

V8TOY

last nite i was driving down the road to my house and decided to give it some ****, not knowing that there was a pig waiting in the bushes went past him at 109 in a 50 zone.
as you well know thats not good. took my license on the spot and know im waiting for my court date to loose it for what i can only imagine is at least 3 months.

Damn v8 so hard to go slow....

yeah, thats exactly what i will be doin.
Cause i will be saving around a extra 100 bucks a week that i was spending on gas, so i will be saving to do something crazy to my beast, maybe super charge it.
I have got another 4 months at least of saving and planning for it.

damn cops. even if you weren't speeding, they wouldv done you for 'excessive display of acceleration'. stupid nz laws! whats the fine for that speed?

hay dude i had the same yr ago,but 114kmph in a 50!! i was only in second gear too!!3mths loss and $360 fine!!!write a letter admit guilt and show lots of remorse!!keep the speeding on the track!!

How do they measure 'excessive display of acceleration' ?

Last edited by a moderator:
it is purely subjective by the cop who sees you. if you spin the wheels a little they will also do you for 'sustained loss of traction', which they can impound your car off you on the spot for. this is actual laws, dubbed 'boyracer legislation'. there is no measure of acceleration to use and no evidence has to be shown. its your word against the cops. dumb aye.

That leaves it wide open for abuse. What happens if the cop is having a bad day. Surely it could be argued?
Here is Aus the cops have no balls and you could easily beat it in court without them having any evidence.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah i will pleed guilty and act like i actually give a crap that i was speeding.
Plus its my first offence.

NZ cops are the worst in the world they are just revenue collecting swines.

If i get 6 months i will be pissed, and its cause of that bull "boy racer" law that they brought in, they will try and do for all that they possibly can, so they get a nice bonus for christmas.

Well the v8 will be back and next time i wont stop, and play a game of whos cars faster, i have a good feeling myn will be. HAHAHA

haha true. damn it would be shady doing the runnas from the cops. you would need big balls.

did you hear about the guy down south who posted a video on a forum of himself doing doughnuts on the street, then some cop seen it and now he has no license. let this be a lesson to all the kiwis out there. beware what you post.

i was thinking.... nz does have some questionable legislation, but also has some good ones too. such as how easy it is to do conversions etc. for example, im pretty sure you need catalytic converters in aussie, and in california its even more hardcore. i suppose you gotta take the good with the bad, ...and always have that radar detector ready.

"always have the radar detector handy"

They're banned in Australia. We weren't generating enough income for the revenue raisers so they evened the game up a little.

We definately have some weird laws here but we are luckly when it comes to conversions and modifacations.
I was in Surfers for Indy on the weekend and say f**k all modified and lowered cars. There were very few big bore exhausts and everyone was driving in a well behaved manner. There were no boys doing laps in noisey cars, really strange. One of the locals told me it was a $30000 fine for removing the converter. Heaps of my mates remove the converter and standard exhaust straight after getting a new car.
In saying that I prefer to drive and build sleepers. Cars that go well, nice and quiet at idle and low revs but make a bit of a growl up in the revs.
I drove LOWBOYs hilux for the first time today and the fuel pump is the loudest thing at idle but rexs the engine and she has a lovely growl.
Running from the cops is never a good idea. Radios are faster than wheels. Maybe you should take your car to a track day or to the Night drags.
Cheers

haha my car is rowdy as hell, i got no cats custom extractors and 3 inch pipe rite from the front to back, and the cop didnt say anything about the noise.
guess he has happy enough with the speeding ticket.
specially when i went rite past him at 6000 rpm in second hahaha, guess i am lucky he let me off that.