getting there

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Opher

I've got the 88 Supra, going next week to pickup the 1uz and wiring from another lextreme member. Next step is to go pick up the donor car for body parts and a subframe so I can start the mock up of the engine in the engine bay. I will be building a twin turbo of some sort, thats a given. My ideal plan, and probally the one thats way out in left field is to build a twin setup similar to an F40, two turbos, two intercoolers (top mount) and two throttle bodies. Its something to shoot for.

Sounds like a good plan to me! I've got the Supra... and that's about it... I'm just collecting information now and looking for a smashed SC400... I still don't have a good place to work on a project this large :shrug: Wish I had more money...

-David

supradude117 said:
Sounds like a good plan to me! I've got the Supra... and that's about it... I'm just collecting information now and looking for a smashed SC400... I still don't have a good place to work on a project this large :shrug: Wish I had more money...

-David
I've got a good place to work on it, thats about it. Money, thats another story. Thats why this thing will probally take forever to do, if it ever gets done. Im determined to acommplish this because everybody says Im nuts. All of my friends are domestic based (muscle cars) They want me to build something old. However thats what I do all day long, I restore automobiles and classics, have never really done an import and Im looking to do this as a personal project and as a shop car, to try and dip into the import market. We'll see what happnens, should be interesting none the less.

sarinas_dragons said:
Ahoy...avast ye MKII mates. I'm pickin' up DarrowConley's 1UZ next weekend.

He's got a 1UZ for sale huh? I'm not interested in buying one at this time, but I'm curious how much he's selling it to you for.

I'm guessing you're going to put the motor in an Mk2 supra?

-Dave

damn, i just picked up a 87 n/a hardtop for $250. next in line is the sc400 motor and a megasquirt to control it. i just happen to work for a shop that does SR mtoor swaps into 240's. we've also done a bunch or 1j mk3 swaps as well. should be a fun swap. if any one knows where i can get a nice intake manifold for a supercharger let me know.

Pretty sure you'll have to make your own manifold for a supercharger set up. Unless someone has started making them in the last 6 months that I didn't hear about

-Dave