Getting ready to ditch they hydraulic fan...

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

curry

I've gone through the threads here on this forum and CL. I'm a bit confused about something...

I don't want to go through all this pulley madness and changing belts and all this whatever...

If I simply remove the the hydraulic fan on the sc4... what else would I have to do?

I read that I could move a line and route it back to the pump?

I've gone through the threads here on this forum and CL. I'm a bit confused about something...

I don't want to go through all this pulley madness and changing belts and all this whatever...

If I simply remove the the hydraulic fan on the sc4... what else would I have to do?

I read that I could move a line and route it back to the pump?
Simple. Other members have routed the hoses back to the pump and eventually the pump leaks because it still turns, gets too hot, and blows the seal. What I did was completely blocking off the pump and putting a cover plate on it, and putting an aftermarket pulley on the plate so the belt can still be routed normally.

So in order to block off the pump you remove the pulley and put a cover plate and run another pulley.

Is the pulley one of those 20 dollar universal pulleys from autozone?

What do I do with the lines if I run the aftermarket pulley?

Do I drain whatever fluid is left?

Attachments

• polished.JPG
    polished.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 147
Most SC pumps I have seen have a bearing in them so will run fine without any fluid. If the pully has 4 bolts holding it onto a flange which then is connected to the pump shaft with a single bolt then it has a bearing. drain all the fluid. Strip the pump and remove the pump gears - check the bearing is in good order and reassemble and refit. Saves buying an aftermarket pully.
If the pully is connected directly with a single nut then they have a bush which will seize with no fluid. go with the aftemarket pully if it is that one - cheers

Thanks for the info,

I just spoke to scott and he mentioned I can use the LS fan bracket & pulley and that will take care of everything.

I can then remove the lines and im good to go.

I just need to find out if the spare LS motor I have has that fan bracket and pulley that I need.

Im going to be using the fan from the Ford Taurus 3.8L. It moves about 4000 cfm on the high setting.