Gearbox squealing, won't get gears

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

hungryforinfo

Hi All,

I just started and ran my engine and it seems to run fine, the guy I got it off said it hadn't run in a couple of years possibly.

Now for the problem: There is a horrible squealing from the torque converter or front of the gearbox area.

I double checked the bolts that hold the torque converter to the flywheel, they were fine. I tried to cycle it through the gears while it was running, and it clicked and whirred going back into park, but it seemed like it wasn't getting any gears, (had my tailshaft handbrake locked on and brakes applied so don't know for certain if it tried to go anywhere) but I am fairly sure it didn't even get a gear, drained fluid and it doesn't feel hot, nor does the cooler.

What could it be???

I had just put 8Litres of DX III into it and the dipstick was reading over full level.

The guy I bought it off told me it was in an accident and there was some damage to components on the front passenger side of the engine, including engine dipstick snapped off, fuse box snapped in half, aircon lines separated at compressor, where the inner guard had rubbed the side of the motor, but it was left side impact, not front, so I can't see it upsetting the gearbox.

Okay, so it squeals like all hell, I can change the gearbox out, with another one I have here, the guy I got it off reckons it has a shift kit, is there any way to tell?