Fugly2 's 1UZ

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
Very clean - really like the "minimal" look.

What's the dohickey in the engine outlet cooling line? Booster pump?

Also, which radiator & fans are you running? Any overheating issues?

Very clean - really like the "minimal" look.

What's the dohickey in the engine outlet cooling line? Booster pump?

Also, which radiator & fans are you running? Any overheating issues?

The dohickey is a coolant filter/screen.
I am using a 3 core Chrysler Centura radiator with Ford Falcon AU fans.
I very recently completed a 6000klm road trip in up to 42 degree C temps with the aircond running, the highest the engine temp got was almost 210 degree F while going up a range, actually it did get higher but that was while i was competing in the Burnout comp.

The old setup already looks really clean. The new setup amazes me. This engine should be in all new Toyota's cars. If you take this car to a regular mechanic shop, you'll be asked "Where the heck can I find the air intake?" Lol.

The old setup already looks really clean. The new setup amazes me. This engine should be in all new Toyota's cars. If you take this car to a regular mechanic shop, you'll be asked "Where the heck can I find the air intake?" Lol.

Thanks stevechumo there is a few things i want to fix but i am pretty happy with the engine bay.
I had a few sleepless nights thinking how i was going to make the air cleaner work haha

Hey Mate, that looks KING!
I saw this at chrysler on the murray few years back, had a short chat with ya. (I had the twin turbo 318 purple charger)
Built engine? cams? sounds really good in the vid at full noise!!
Still running the toyota auto?
New blower make a lot of difference in power and feel of the car?
Love it!

Hey Mate, that looks KING!
I saw this at chrysler on the murray few years back, had a short chat with ya. (I had the twin turbo 318 purple charger)
Built engine? cams? sounds really good in the vid at full noise!!
Still running the toyota auto?
New blower make a lot of difference in power and feel of the car?
Love it!

Hello again 2times, how's the Val going?
My 1UZ is a totally stock second hand engine, the new blower is making 9lbs boost with a 85mm pulley, 1 lb less than with the old blower which had a 87mm pulley, i am assuming the reduction of boost will be due to the intercooler core.
I have had 2 tunes done with the new setup, pump fuel ran 316rwhp & on Meth it made 366rwhp. I estimate i picked up between 25 to 30 rwhp on pump fuel, this engine was never dynoed but i know it was down on the previous motor which ran 297rwhp.
It was running on Meth in that video at Summernats.
I have to revisit my fuel system to make some improvements & plan to put my car back on the dyno on Meth with the 75mm pulley i have, hopefully can get closer to the 400rwhp.

Cheers Brenton.

Hey Brenton,

Val's going good, sold the 318 twin turbo combo to a top bloke up your way, he put it in a VF/VG sedan ran 10.7 first tiem out with more to come. I've since tammed it down a little and stuck a stock 318 single turbo on LPG.
Bought a 1UZ a little while back and doing some research atm, seeing your car and chatting with you about how reliable the 1UZ is and seeing some other fast 1UZ made my mind up about converting the toyota power at some stage. Not sure if it would even fit in a val engine bay yet! but time will tell!

Cheers John

Hey Brenton,

Val's going good, sold the 318 twin turbo combo to a top bloke up your way, he put it in a VF/VG sedan ran 10.7 first tiem out with more to come. I've since tammed it down a little and stuck a stock 318 single turbo on LPG.
Bought a 1UZ a little while back and doing some research atm, seeing your car and chatting with you about how reliable the 1UZ is and seeing some other fast 1UZ made my mind up about converting the toyota power at some stage. Not sure if it would even fit in a val engine bay yet! but time will tell!

Cheers John

Was his name Boof (never known him by his real name Haha)?
Pretty sure you should have no trouble fitting a 1UZ, i am sure i have seen pics of someone doing/done it somewhere.
I guess you are going to turbo the Toyota?

Yeah Boof! real name Steve! met him a couple times up at Mopar Sunday, top bloke still talk to him over the phone, i wont hijack your thread anymore! But the Val will cop a turbo when the 1UZ goes in.
Saw the tura in Street Machine , Good write up... Great Trip by the sounds of it!!
Will you be at Chrysler on the Murray this year? or are you all road tripped out!
Where's the air filter hide in the new setup? in the plenum somewhere? and did you say its got an intercooler now?

Cheers John

Yeah Boof! real name Steve! met him a couple times up at Mopar Sunday, top bloke still talk to him over the phone, i wont hijack your thread anymore! But the Val will cop a turbo when the 1UZ goes in.
Saw the tura in Street Machine , Good write up... Great Trip by the sounds of it!!
Will you be at Chrysler on the Murray this year? or are you all road tripped out!
Where's the air filter hide in the new setup? in the plenum somewhere? and did you say its got an intercooler now?

Cheers John

Taken a while to reply i been away for work.

I haven't seen Boof for a while, say gidday from me the next time you talking to him.

Cheers, it is a nice little right up, the S.A trip was actually 2009 not last year, that's journalism for you, haha.
Not looking at Chryslers on the Murray this year but you never know.

Yeh the air filter is in the plenum & yeh it is intercooled, the manifold setup is by Bullet, the intercooler water radiator is the alloy radiator in front of the motor cooling radiator, the water pump is in the LHF wheel arch & the header tank is around the brake master cylinder.