Fuel Economy

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Zuffen

Super Moderator
Staff member
MY 1UZ lives in a 1900KG (almost 2 ton for Imperial measurement people) 4X4 and usually delivers around 17litres/100km (or 14M/USG for the others) which I think is reasonable considering a standard Range Rover of the era mine is would give around 23litre/100km or 10M/USG.

Recently I've been making it work for its keep by towing a trailer that weighs around 2.5 tonnes (tons) fully laden through suburbia.

There are some very steep hills to climb and some nasty hill starts where it takes the poor thing a while to wind up. The economy is 20.45litres/100km or 11.5/USG.

Once it get up to 3,000RPM in 1st it can keep up with most traffic right up to the local speed limit of 70kPH or 42MPH.

The interesting thing is it will spin the rear tyres on gear shifts as the weight is seriously heavy.

I have a late model Mercedes ML350 petrol but I don't think it would be half as good as the 1UZ at this task.

And it sounds awesome when working hard:):)

Nice post Rod.
Good to see a 1UZ really earning its keep! A video (with good quality sound...) would be great! Maybe get a bystander to film while you do a hill start? (fully laden of course)