Cars For Sale FS: '89 Cressida MX83 with 1uz

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

lafave

Well, the time has come to sell the Cressida. I tried to get this car passed by the CA referee, but to no avail. Came oh so close, yet oh so far. They are very picky.

Anywho, I need a truck and a daily driver, so she must go. Everything on this car works except for the cruise control, but that just needs to be moved from one side of the engine compartment to the other. I never got around to it.

The 1uz itself is stock. I had a custom 3" exhaust built for it and it sounds great and is free flowing, but not too loud. It has a Lextreme 2800 stall converter in it, ARP flywheel bolts, and I have a nitrous wet kit that I'm throwing in with two 10lb tanks. I haven't run a single shot of NOS through it yet. Another thing I never got around to doing.

The body has no rust, a few dings here and there, but over all in great shape.
The interior is almost perfect with the exception of the driver seat. It's got pretty good wear on the lumbar area.

If you live in CA, you probably want to pass on this.

The car is loads of fun to drive, and I'm really bummed it didn't work out for me with the ref, but oh well, that's a price I pay for living in CA. :(

Please PM me with any questions or requests for more pictures.

Thanks for looking.

CressidaFront.jpg
CressidaRear.jpg
Engine.jpg

what was the problem with the ref? we've gotten 3 cressidas to pass in modesto with the 1uz with zero issues. Going to do another one at the end of the month.

what was the problem with the ref? we've gotten 3 cressidas to pass in modesto with the 1uz with zero issues. Going to do another one at the end of the month.

I went to get it BAR'd at the American River College Station and they hooked up a Snap-On MT2500, "The Red Brick", to the diagnostic port under the dash. They told me that they were unable to detect the data for the Park/Neutral Safety Switch which tells the ECU the shifter position P/N/R/D/2/1.

Toyota Master Mechanics at Maita Toyota told me that they shouldn't be looking for the data there and that the '92 SC400's, like the one this motor came from, aren't supposed to show that data anyway. I went back to the ref armed with that info and they said, "Sorry! The checklist that we get from C.A.R.B. says so."

The mechanic wanted to pass it, but his supervisor wouldn't sign off on it. He told me that it was the cleanest and most complete install that he'd ever seen. It passed at the pipe with flying colors.

I'm really bummed because I love this car!!!!

Take it to a different ref station. That guy is an idiot. It's a odb exempt engine and there is no real data port to speak of.

I've been told to do that and have considered. What's stopped me is I figured the notes of the past appointments would all go into the same database and the rules would all be the same. It's probably worth a shot anyway.

glad I could help, one of my friends is supposed to do his cressida this week. he already took it in and they told him what changes he needed to make. Also found out that your car does nees to have some neutral signal of some sort. My friend said the ref station brought it up but it wasn't an issue even though he had a manual swap. he just kept the selector off the side of the auto-transmission and set it to neutral before removing it. Maybe your shifter is out of adjustment?

So that particular technician didn't care if the code was there or not? Was it your friend or the tech that kept the selector off the side of the auto-transmission and set it to neutral before removing it?

I don't understand how a shifter could be out of alignment.