Trade Front Sump for Rear USA

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.
It's been said that the front sump setup can simply be turned around on the engine block to give a rear setup, which results in moving the sump further to the rear than a "real" rear sump setup. Obviously the pickup tube for the oil pump will have to be modified/extended, but it would be interesting to see if the rest of it is a boltup.

Give this a try and let us know how it turns out.

Got your panties in a wad? Not trying to be a dick at all - just saw it mentioned the other day by one of our Aussie members and thought I'd pass it along.

http://www.lextreme.com/forums/showpost.php?p=100994&postcount=7

I've personally never seen a front sump setup; I have two engines with rear setups and I know that the way they're built, I wouldn't want to try to turn them around to make a front setup, but I didn't know whether the inverse might not work.

Last edited:
Sorry, never thought someone tried that. The link doesn't go to any info, dead end.

If you have seen the front sump you would know why I assumed you were not being nice. There is no way to flip it around. I could see the mounting bolt holes to be symmetrical, but there would be no bolts in the bottom half of the bellhousing. And the sump would hit the bellhousing.

The fabrication necessary to do that would far outweigh finding the factory parts. If there was a need to push the pan further back, it would make more sense to use the factory rear and modify that. Then you would have the correct mounting for the bellhousing.

No harm done; it's all good :)

Try PM'ing or emailing our member Aliga for a rear sump setup. He's always parting out a few engines & cars. He & his partner Bart are good guys and you can buy with confidence from them.

Ali's email is: [email protected]