front lower control arms, why two prices???

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

brit_lex

Guys,

My first posting! Excellent site you have here.

Essentially, I'm trying to place an order via www.oemwholesale.com for some front lower control arms for my 1992 LS400. However, their site confuses me.

They have front lower control arms listed for 188 bucks each under the collision catalog, and also front lower control arms listed for 100 bucks each under the mechanical catalog.

These are genuine Lexus parts, but I was hoping someone on here could explain the difference between the two listings? I am guessing the more expensive price includes the arm plus some other fitments....possibly including the lower ball joint too?

I just need to buy front lower control arms from them since I'm getting the ball joints from another place.

Thanks.

Hey Lex,

Welcome to this humble site. I dont think its original Lexus parts. The dealer price is about 700 each. Its most likely its used. I can understand the upper and lower are different price. They are two different parts. Call them up and let us know too.

Dude,

They don't have a phone number. It's all net based. I have emailed them to ask, but they haven't replied as yet.

The parts are genuine new Lexus parts, since I got a quote for front lower control arms from Sewells in Texas (who are a Lexus dealer), and they were also quoting 188 bucks for the arms. List price is supposed to be around 220 bucks each (according to their website).

I ordered upper control arms from Sewells before for 270 bucks each, and they were original Lexus arms. They were a little bit dirty and dusty from having been on a shelf, but my mechanic confirmed to me that they had not used before.

Has anyone ever bought new lower control arms before? Do you buy just the arm or do other bits come with it?

Yeah, I hear what you are saying. Given the cost of new arms is relatively cheap thru these web suppliers, it's probably easier for me to just get the arms replaced.

I just called another company up called fran auto parts in Miami which uses the exact same catalog but at slightly higher prices, and they told me that it's probably a mistake that the arms are listed at 85 bucks and also 188 bucks.

They told me to place the order using the 85 bucks priced item, and they verify the price at time of order, so it's most likely 188 bucks an arm, which is a good price, IMHO!

See diagram I lifted off their site below. The actual lower control arm is number 16. Do I need to buy 18, 19, and 20 too to fit a new arm?
18 - bushing
19 - adjust cam front
20 - adjust cam rear

I'm confused!

8900145.gif

Ok.. i got your message now. The price above mention was for the whole control arm. For #16 i am not sure, but diffinately not #18 or 19. Lexus doesnt sell that seperately. Its a whole unit. There are only three companies sell that replacement. One is US company for about 99 dollars for all front upper and all front lower bushings. The other is a company from South Africa. I would not touch brushings. They are very bad quality. The best would be Vlamos, but the price is little higher. U are paying for the quality and workmanship with street/track tested results.

well dude, I finally placed an order for my parts. The lower control arms (including the bushes) were 190 bucks each side. I prefer to keep the stock Lexus ride than go with polyurethane.

Anyway, this is what I have ordered from Sewells in Texas.
Front Lower control arms
front lower ball joints* from olympus online
front strut bar cushions (clunking noise is real bad)
front and rear sway bar bushes
both rear upper control arms
left and right idler pulleys
timing belt tensioner
timing belt
left and right engine mounts
transmission mount

total bill for all of this (lexus original parts) was 1,400 bucks. I think that's a good price for what I'm getting???

Once that has all been installed, my suspension is pretty much overhauled and good for another 100k at least. I've already done the shocks, and upper front control arms last year. I can't wait till it's all done! I wanna keep my 92 until at least 2009, if not beyond! In the UK, I have driven many new mainstream cars and none of them matches my Lex for comfort. Hey, did you know over in the UK they only sell approx. 300 LSs each year?

I just took the car on a road trip around Europe (France, Belgium and Holland). SO SMOOTH! The car cruised all day at 100-120mph and still returned 23mpg! When cruising at 80-90, I was getting around 26mpg. That's with a/c on using cruise control. At one point, some dude in a VW Golf Turbodiesel wanted to play and I ended up zooming past him at 140!

Lex,

Great job, i would love to cruise in Europe someday. Meanwhile i have suffer with USA open roads. If possible take some pictures and post it up here.

I picked my car on Friday. Wow, it handles and rides like a totally different car. Everything feels so tight and firm like it's a 2004 model car. I can now drive round bends at 60mph and not feel the tyres squealing. The engine mounts had come apart and the transmission mount was pretty much gone too. I'm driving over bumps on purpose since it's now so silky smooth!!!!