Ford F-100 3uz/auto transplant

The 1UZFE EGR Delete Kit is available for sale here.

Zagamuffin

hey all,

Just found this site and looks like I have all the experts I need here for my conversation question..
I’m from Ireland and am in the middle of a F-100 build.its getting fully independent Jag xjs front and rear suspension with discs all round and an LSD .Im also bagging it so will need some power now to match the rest and am looking at buying an 01 ls430 3uz I believe and want to transfer eng and box together .

See yet there

Good luck on it
Chris @ phoenix engine management may help you sort wiring and electronics related issues, he's located in UK and he does a lot of projects in Ireland
Nev from F1Moto may probably help you mount transfer case to A650 transmission or at least point in the right direction

Cheers,

I’m keeping the auto, perfect for an old pickup, just a cruiser although I drove my donor today it’s its a rocket ship for a big limo....
Was onto Chris and must get another rec or two from people that have used him, I’m new so don’t know the peeps yet ;)

Hi Zagamuffin,

I'll be looking forward to your future postings on this, I'm planning on putting a 1uz or 3uz into my Triumph Stag project, although it's still only in the planning stage.

Btw, I'm also here in Ireland, in Wicklow more specifically.

Lookin at the exhaust yesterday and I’m wondering if I need to keep the cat,prob need upstream and downstream o2 sensors for fueling I’d say

Yes, that makes a lot of sense, especially if you’re confident you can get it to work out of the LS430. Then again, how hard can it be?!?!?! ;)

Any photos so far of your project?

Using the entire LS430 loom and all its plug in sensors and computers gives you the best shot at having it work how it should.

I recently did a swap where we used the entire loom from the donor and only changed 8 wires for everything to work as the factory planned and no diagnostic warnings. This wasn't Lexus so off thread but is the way to go.

A member on here is building a 1950ísh Dodge Kingsway with LS400 engine and trans but he will also use the Lexus loom, dash and factory ECu's with as little modification or omissions as possible. Should almost be plug and play.

Thanks Zuffen, that sounds rather reassuring and I think will be the way to go for me as well when I get that far. Still a good bit of body work to be done though before my Stag starts disintegrating and I can move on to the interesting part of engine conversion... :)

Sorry Zagamuffin for hijacking your thread a bit! :p I’ve just been thinking about this kind of conversion for years now so very exciting to read about all these projects you guys are, and have been, doing. :cool:

Last edited:
its presently a cab and chassis as everythings stripped off and sold.have 1986 Jaguar independent from and rear subframes almost ready to fit and have an airbag setup almost built up also ready to go on...
will be good to have four disc braked ,servoed,power steered powerfull truck back

Talking of 3uz 5 speed auto, your minimum is ecu+immobilizer stuff+fan control module. That's it, no trouble codes/warnings/whatever if wired properly. Custom fuse box is adviced to save space as you won't need like 90% of original fuse boxes

Tried a cheeky burnout in the 430 today and copped that I’ll need to retain the traction control switch as it cut ignite once wheels spun , does it do this on abs feedback as I’ll not have that on my truck, I wonder what difference does the power switch make as well, will have in investigate these two sequences

Traction control is driven by the ABS so you won't need to worry. You can still do burnouts!

Can't answer the power switch question. Too modern for my knowledge, or lack thereof.

LS430's TRC cuts throttle opening angle nothing more than that
Without properly wired TRC ECU, engine control module would allow full rated power with burnouts

ECT PWR/SNOW switch works digitally and needs a few modules retained. Or I fabricate a device that controls ECT modes, idle up for elec. load and idle up+automatic compressor control for a/c
Anyway you won't need it next few months

Well, got a few hours yesterday and got the engine removal started on the Ls430 , have the Jag XJS IFS stripped cleaned and painted , all new bushes and jointed ready and 4 pot calipers soaking to try and free pistions.
On the Eng I got most of the front end off and cooling system out so will need to get under the car next but will wait till I return from a business trip to New York in three weeks

Got some of the air management built up and pressure tested , lost @5 psi in 48 hrs , happy with that